PDA

View Full Version : My just back and "dried out" trip report day 2 May 14th

luvDaMouse
05-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Cast
Me--- Dana aka Luvdamouse
DH--- Tom
When--May 13th to May 22nd
Where-- AKV Sav view studio at Kidani Wed to Sat , 1st stay as DVC members!
Then a 1bdr at SSR (developers points) Sat to Fri

Day 2 May 14th

Well, I woke up first and opened up the curtain to the balcony ( they use cameras so they tell you to close for privacy) The sun was blinding it comes up right over the savanah. ( little did we know we would'nt see much of the sun the rest of the trip) anyways, there was the ostrich and some sort of deer outside but no giraffes which is what I was looking forward to seeing the most. I started the coffe pot and micrcowaived some hot water for tea and checked out the balcony again looking for the giraffes no luck not there. I got in the shower and my husband got up got his coffee and went out to the balcony, I came out of the shower and he said the giraffes where there! sure enough there they were! He says they waited for him ;) We had our coffee/tea I decided to call the Disney florist and tell them how disapointed I was and the women on the phone was very apologetic and said she couldnt understand why they did not put it in the ear basket as they had plenty of them in stock she told me that she would have a ear basket sent to me today and apologized again. Somewhat satisfied with that we then headed out to the bus stop to go to MK then transf to the monorail to go to they poly for our 11am ADR at Kona. It was hard seeing the castle and not going in. As a side note we said this time we were going to take our time not rush out at the crack of dawn every morning so even though MK had early EMH this morning and we could have gotten up and gone there 1st then to our ADR we wanted to take our time in the AM.
Anyways, we arrived at Kona at about 10:15 and they were able to take us early (they were not busy at all) What a great breakfast! The Tonga toast, OMG amazing! the juice, I cant remember the name of it, a blend of mango, pineapple sooo goood! (thanks Lisa for the recomendation you were so right:thumbsup:) This is a must do for us next time! We were almost done eating and they sat a nice young women next to us. She is a DVC member and is staying for 16 days by herself! I don't think I could do that :confused: She is from NYC and travels by herself to Disney often she says she comes to Disney because as a women traveling alone it is safe. (never thought about it that way) After chatting alittle we got on the monorail and headed to the Magic Kingdom. Ahhh home... main street, the smells, the castle my favorite place! instead of heading right to POC we make a right into tomorrowland and hit buzz lightyear. (10 min wait) then walk up to Fantasyland. Peter Pan and Pooh 80 min wait: What??!! 80 mins, :jaw: We were here the week before Memorial Day last year and had 20 min waits tops for everything. It was much, much more crowded this year. I can only imagine its because of the stay 4 get 3 free packages.
Well, we move on head to Liberty Square, to HM which is temporarily shut down due to tech problems. So we keep walking over past BTM 80min wait?? ( I think it wouldnt have been as crowded if SM was open but who knows?) and head to POC 10 min wait we pretty much walk on. After visiting with Captain Jack we stopped and had a dole whip then stopped at jungle cruise (50 min wait) not wanting to wait that long we kept walking to main street. (we figured we would fast pass those rides later, no way I am waiting that long for rides) we grabbed a bench on the porch of the the town hall and watched the 3pm parade.Catchy tune very uplifting. After the parade we walked through the shops a bit. One of the things on my list of things to do was watch the Flag Ceramony at 5pm. at about 4:30 the rain came... ( this would be a common theme for the rest of our vacation) They had no ceremony they just lowered the flag, and we lleft soon after as I left our ponchos in the hotel room. We got back to the room and watched allitle of Stacys top things to do in Disney. There was a knock at the door it was the front desk delivering a new huge Mickey ear basket filled with all kinds of mickey treats! I was surprised and delighted! I was only expecting an empty ear basket but this was a bonus!! (thanks Disney florist for righting a wrong in a big way!!)decided that we were alittle hungry. Ok, I love this resort (kidani) so far, very quiet, alittle remote. but there is NO quick serve there! :(very disapointed in this. Well the only option is to go to Jambo House. To do this you board any Park bus. (all park busses go to Kidani first then to Jambo) to get from Jambo to Kidani you must board the DTD bus. So we board the first park bus that comes along and head to Jambo. We thought about trying to get into Boma, it smelled good but decided we would make resv another trip. Mara was ok, we had burgers, and soup. It was stilll raining so we couldnt do much animal watching outside. Side note** Night vision goggles are only available at Jambo not Kidani:( We listened to a story teller in the lobby then caught the DTD back to kidani. We never used the pool at Jambo or Kidani so I have no opinion of either. The bus thing is not a big deal but I am very disapointed that there is no quick serve and I think that will be a common complaint from others as well. Well off to sleep we want to try to make the opening cerimony at AK tommorrow. :mickey:
Thanks for reading,
Dana

faline
05-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I kept seeing those rainy weather reports in Florida!

Despite some disappointments, you also had some nice spots - great breakfast and another Disney basket!

the other micki
05-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Yep, the crowds are definitely up, but it sounds like you were able to do some fun things today. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast!

Mr_Increddieble
05-24-2009, 10:23 AM
you mentioned how it's crowded because of the 4/3 deal and i agree.
but on our recent trip we also noticed tons of people having birthdays. from the lady in our car at Sci-Fi who was there by herself to our dinner at Teppan Edo where, of the 4 tables in our mini room, there were 5 birthdays.
disney knows how to make a promotion, not look like a promotion. don't misunderestimate the effect of the celebration promo as well.

artyboy
05-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for posting!!!

I needed a WDW fix!

shan-ash
05-24-2009, 04:46 PM
yuck to the heavy crowds and rain:down
yea to Disney florist:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Tonga toast, leilani juice and Dole whip all in the same day?? Thats a little bit of heaven! Lucky you! Enjoying your report Dana!:mickey:

BelleCiavo
05-26-2009, 11:08 AM
We are entertaining Kidani for our next trip. I thought the pool area had a quick service menu?

BluewaterBrad
05-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I will be having Tonga Toast for the first time in 2 weeks. I guess i will have to try the juice also!!:mickey:

princessgirls
05-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Great report Dana! Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Great report. Thanks for the heads up about the AK resorts. Sounds wonderful.

Hull-onian
05-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Enjoyed reading your report!!!:thumbsup:

gauvin4
05-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Glad to hear the giraffes made an appearance for you. :thumbsup: They are magnificent animals.
Thanks for the report.:mickey:

vizsla
05-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

PlutoPlanet
06-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Thank you for the report!
We're staying at Kadani in Aug.
You've got to try Boma. We eat there every year.