PDA

View Full Version : My Just back and "dried out" trip report day 1 May 13th

luvDaMouse
05-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Cast
Me--- Dana aka Luvdamouse
DH--- Tom
When--May 13th to May 22nd
Where-- AKV Sav view studio at Kidani Wed to Sat , 1st stay as DVC members!
Then a 1bdr at SSR (developers points) Sat to Fri

Day 1 May 13th,
Last night I finished packing opened up my ME pack and found that they only gave me 2 ME luggage tags ( i need 3) uh oh. Well I guess we can retrieve the 3rd bag ourselves (note to self check ME packet as soon as we get it instead of waiting till the night before we leave) We leave for the Philly airport at about 8:30am our flight is at 1:25. We get to Smart Park at about 11am. (hit lots of traffic) ( highly recomend Smart Park) they are out of self park spots so we get valet at no additonal charge:) They take us to the airport and after an uneventful flight we land at MCO and head to the ME counter. I explained to the CM that one of our bags does not have the yellow ME tag on it and she said that was no problem, she took our baggage tag numbers and they said they would retrieve all three. ( the third bag is a golf bag so it should be easy to find) I am putting my faith in ME that all my bags will be in my room! We board the bus and head to AKV. We stop at Jambo first and unload then on to Kidani. After recieving our first Welcome Home as DVC members we get our packet and head to our room, 5th floor. A very nice room, big comfy "high" bed, kitchenette with toaster, microwaive and frig. We check out the view from the balcony see some ostrich, and some sort of deer. Drop our carry on bags and head out to ESPN to watch game 7 the Pens Vs Capitals. Not sure yet how to neg the bus to resorts we catch a cab to Boardwalk (20$ inc tip) ESPN was full of Penguin fans, it was fun especially because they won! We had Nachos(yummy) and burgers, bought some T-shirts then grabbed the DTD bus and transf to AKV bus (easy but takes alittle time)We stopped in the store in Kidani grabbed some poptarts for breakfast and milk for coffe/tea and headed to our room. All our luggage was there, including the golf bag (thanks Disney ME!) Also there was the Welcome home DVC member basket that I ordered from home. It was supposed to have 2 DVC member mugs (which it did) a DVD (which it did) some mickey snacks (very little mickey ones it did have oreos, snackwells etc.) and it was supposed to come in a white "ear shaped" basket (which it did'nt) it came on a large red plastic plate?! Needless to say I will call in the am to express my disapointment. Well, off to bed dreaming about visiting my favorite park MK in the morning...:mickey:
Thanks for reading,
Dana

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a good start:mickey:

faline
05-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Welcome home! Your first trip as an owner started off well with the exception of the basket!

BluewaterBrad
05-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Have a Great trip!!:mickey:

artyboy
05-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Great start!

shan-ash
05-24-2009, 04:42 PM
fun start:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Dana!! I get to read one of your trip reports now!! Yeah!!! Off I go to read more! Lisa

yjgirl32
05-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Sunds like a great start! Especially becaus eof the Pens winning!!!! Ok so mainly because your in Disney!!! Great report- thanks for sharing.

vizsla
05-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the report.

gauvin4
05-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Glad to hear you had a great start to your trip!! I look forward to reading more.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: