PDA

View Full Version : Next time you're at Disney Look around

ransam
05-23-2009, 01:05 PM
You're going to see an amazing mix of people. Fat people, skinny people, short, tall, male, female.
You're gonna see families, couples, friends, groups of all ages.
You're gonna see people from all nationalities, races, religions, orientations.
You're gonna see people dressed as preppies, jocks, people dressed like goth, punks.
And everyone of them are t here, smiling, laughing, having a good time.
People from all walk of lives talk to one another, are friendly toward one another.
there are no problems...It's disneyworld!
Just one more thing I love about Disneyworld.
Where else can so many people that are so different in so many ways, come together and have fun and excape the everyday life.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I have found that it's easy to strike up a conversation with a perfect stranger while in the world. I guess it's because we all share a common interest?

mouseketeer mom
05-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Oh, I totally agree about this!! WDW is a very "come as you are, all are welcome" place. I love that. It feels wonderful.

MicMouse
05-25-2009, 06:47 PM
I totally agree! What a wonderful place to meet people from all over the world.

How about when you strike up a conversation with someone only to find out that they live very near your hometown, or went to the same university as you? Those moments are special and really make you think about it being a "small world after all....:mickey:"

BluewaterBrad
05-26-2009, 02:51 PM
I also agree! Your post is one of the reasons we go back so often!!:mickey:

BedknobsandBroomsticks
05-28-2009, 03:58 PM
I too enjoy meeting and talking to folks I meet at the world and my children do the same thing at the pool now too. They will come running over to me and say "mom, that girl/boy is from..." they have met children from Australia, England and all over the U.S. When we are taking a rest at the parks we will people watch and talk about the different families we see. When we sit to wait for Illuminations we play trivia with all the kids nearby to pass the time till it starts. Can't wait, 190 days and counting....

TheVBs
05-28-2009, 04:37 PM
I just love how easy it is to talk to people in WDW. Almost everyone is friendly and helpful. I've never experienced this at another destination.

MickeyandTink
05-28-2009, 07:22 PM
My brother and I took a trip to WDW just over 20 years ago to celebrate my college graduation. While there, we ran into a group of HS students from Brazil and ended up spending most of the day hanging out with them at the Magic Kingdom. While their English wasn't much better than our Spanish and Portugese, we had a great time.

IamBelle
05-30-2009, 10:19 AM
WDW is such a friendly place, I even find myself being more friendly there then when I am back home!
It does feel like "a small world", we run into people from MA a lot when we go. On our last trip, we even ran into someone who lived 2 streets away from us!

EPCOT84
05-31-2009, 08:15 PM
WDW is such a friendly place, I even find myself being more friendly there then when I am back home!

It is magical. WDW brings out such a wonderful happiness. If it were Hawaii, it would be the "Aloha spirit". So hats off to the "Disney spirit".

Bringing people from all over the globe takes us out of our little villages of our daily lives and gives us a chance to sample the world.

That's why I love WDW !:dance::figment: