PDA

View Full Version : General Concierge Question

lapinblanc
05-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Since we had enough reward points we decided to upgrade to concierge level at the CR for our stay in sept. We booked through magical journeys, yay melissa!

my question is...the final payment is due after our 90 day window. will the concierge contact us with just a down payment or do we need to make final payment?

i am a bit concerned about adr available so i want to make them at the 90 day point.

this is our first concierge stay. if you have any hints or tips to make our stay more magical i would love to hear them.

thanks

TammiMcMan
05-23-2009, 03:18 PM
my question is...the final payment is due after our 90 day window. will the concierge contact us with just a down payment or do we need to make final payment?They can notify you anytime, it doesn't matter if you've made final payment or not. That being said, notification is kind of hit or miss. If you're concerned at all, I would go ahead and get in touch with them and introduce yourself. Melissa should be able to provide you with the contact info, or I can send it to you.

Unfortunately, staying on the club level does not guarantee you the exact ADR's that you might be looking for. The plus side is that if something is sold out, they can continue to look for cancellations on your behalf. I would suggest giving them a "window" of times just in case they can't get your first choice.

To be perfectly honest, with club level, you could have an amazing experience or you could be left wondering what you spent the extra money for. Some CM's are just better than others and hopefully you'll get one that's very good at their job.

tinksmom02
05-24-2009, 10:52 PM
We're staying GV Club Level at the Poly in September, and received our itinerary forms at 119 days out. They came forwarded from Terrisue at MJ. There were instructions on what to do upon arrival, and then a page for contact information, and then pages to fill out with restaurant info, HoopDeeDoo, etc.

I think I was pretty flexible with my times--I wrote "6pm--flexible" on a lot of the restaurants. I was pretty firm on my times for CP (want to be there before park opening), Ohana (want to be there AT opening), and Kona (we want the last lunch ressie on our last day). But I don't think those are really popular times (well, maybe CP is), so we'll see!

I sent it back and got an email saying they've added my ADR's to their wish list, and will update me as they are confirmed. So while there's no guarantee, I think they'll do what they can.

They also asked for us to include any ressies we may have made on our own, to add to our personal itinerary. We made ressies at T-Rex, and we're doing MNSSHP, so I included those dates and times.

And as for your other question, we've only paid the $200 deposit so far.

Hope that helps some!

MicMouse
05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I would call or email the concierge desk directly.

I chatted with the CMs quite a bit before our trip last June to the Poly CL. They got ADRs for me and helped find alternate dates/times for one's that weren't available on the first try.

They were extremely helpful and very knowledgable. One CM (David) even helped us with a plan of attack at DHS during Star Wars weekend.

Have a magical trip and enjoy your club level stay!:mickey: