PDA

View Full Version : reservation

happy day
05-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Can another person be added to an existing reservation if the room has available space.

and... where can carry on luggage be stored after the check out time comes, and it isn't time to leave the resort?

CleveRocks
05-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes, you can add someone as long as you stay within the room occupancy limit.

Every decent hotel in the USA will store your things on check-out day after check-out time ... WDW resorts are no different.

Strmchsr
05-23-2009, 10:08 AM
and... where can carry on luggage be stored after the check out time comes, and it isn't time to leave the resort?

It depends on which resort you're at as to where the luggage service is, but most of the time it's near the front desk. If you're using the resort check for your return flight then luggage service should be right with that kiosk.

TammiMcMan
05-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Can another person be added to an existing reservation if the room has available space.Just be aware that Disney has some policies regarding this:

Room only reservations ~ if you are adding an adult to a room that already has 2 adults registered, there is an additional fee. For values, I believe it's $10 more per night, moderates charge $15 and deluxes charge $25 per night.

Disney package reservations ~ anyone on the original reservation must be booked with the same exact package. If you have someone coming in later or not staying as long, don't add them to the reservation until after check-in. Once you are registered, you can add someone as a room only and pay any applicable fees (as described above).

Alligirl
05-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Disney package reservations ~ anyone on the original reservation must be booked with the same exact package. If you have someone coming in later or not staying as long, don't add them to the reservation until after check-in. Once you are registered, you can add someone as a room only and pay any applicable fees (as described above).

Tammi this is very interesting to me, may I ask you for clarification? We are DVC staying at OKW for 10 days, some friends may or may not be able to join us for about 4 of those days. We have a two bdrm villa so the space is not a problem. I thought I had to pass on the purchase of the DDP since they might join us and it is an all or nothing kind of pkg. Are you saying that I could just go ahead and book the DDP for my family as if the friends are not coming and if they show I can just let the front desk know they are staying with us for a few days? Thanks!

TammiMcMan
05-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Are you saying that I could just go ahead and book the DDP for my family as if the friends are not coming and if they show I can just let the front desk know they are staying with us for a few days? Thanks!Yes, that's all you need to do. In terms of DVC and suites, I don't think there's any additional charge for adults, as the rooms are made to hold a higher occupancy. I'm not positive about that though.

Alligirl
05-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow Tammi thank you this is great news! We have really enjoyed using the DDP in the past but since it is, everyone in the room for the whole stay, type of plan I thought it would not be allowed if someone were to show up later! Thanks for your help!:thumbsup:

happy day
05-23-2009, 04:28 PM
I have a package with free dining. I have another person who may want to join us. I have not put my whole payment down yet. We are with free dining too. would I have to cancel and redo it, or can I just add her, and pay.

TammiMcMan
05-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Provided you aren't going over the room occupancy, you can just add her and pay the extra. If you're within 45 days of your trip, I believe you'd also be subjected to a $50 change fee. Other than that, there shouldn't be any problem.

I did want to mention though, while adding them to the room will not be an issue, you might have a problem with any ADR's you've already made. Probably won't matter much if you are going from say 3 to 4 people, as I imagine you would have been placed at a table for 4 anyway, but if you are going from 2 to 3 or 4 to 5, some restaurants might not be able to accommodate you.

Tink1
05-23-2009, 05:09 PM
I have a package with free dining. I have another person who may want to join us. I have not put my whole payment down yet. We are with free dining too. would I have to cancel and redo it, or can I just add her, and pay.

You can add her to the room at check-in, but you cannot add her to the package at check-in.

She will get a resort key card, but not the dining (free or otherwise) or any other package components.

Nanc

happy day
05-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I have not payed yet, so if I am to add her before I pay, would I still be charged 50 dollars, and would she not be able to just be added for free dining etc?

would I be best to just cancel and start over instead of adding her on?

She will be staying the exact days and doing the exact things as the original 3.
Thanks for all your answers.

TammiMcMan
05-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Provided she is doing the same package as everyone else on your reservation, add her now. As Nanc mentioned, you can't add her to the package at check-in. I believe they need at least 3 days notice. In regards to the change fee, you'll only be charged if you are within 45 days of your check-in date.

I highly recommend that you do not cancel your existing reservation. If you cancel it, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to get free dining again.