PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Planning Help

Alice2marie
05-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I am just starting to put together a trip to Florida for Sept-Oct of 2010. It will include 4 days at Disneyworld. We will have 8 people in our party and are considering getting a room with a kitchen because of special dietary concerns. Our ages are 5, 8, 32, 36, 52, 58, 70, 71. We are considering staying off property at a resident type hotel and were wondering if staying on property would be better. We had thought of either the cabins and the campground, or the family suites at the value resort. Has anyone stayed at either of these places? Economicly is it better to stay on property? We will already have rental cars as we are exploring more of Florida. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Vinny
05-22-2009, 09:26 PM
We have always stayed on property for all but a few trips and always rent a car (as we are again in a couple weeks) when at WDW. We like it because the car gives us the flexibility to go where we want to, when we want, while also being able to take advantage of the bus service to the parks. Our main use for the car is getting back and forth to the airport and the occasional off site dinner and/or shopping trips.

I can't comment specifically on your resort choices as we have not stayed in any but I would recommend staying on site. It's definitely more convenient and you will be in the middle of the magic for your entire trip. Once you get price quotes on the places you might want to stay, you can run the numbers to see what fits your budget and go from there.

Good Luck and Happy Planning!!

merlinmagic4
05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
We actually stay at at timeshare offsite but I wanted to let you know that Disney is amazing with special dietary needs. Call 407-WDW-DINE and they will point you in the right direction.

dmosher
05-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Staying "in the world" has some major advantages. Starting with the dining plans, the free transportation, the easy access to amenities, food and other "free" activities at the resorts, I would always choose to stay on property. As for your options, you can choose, Cabins, campgrounds, regular value(linked rooms) hotels, or rent points form a DVC member and stay in a large villa! Lots of options to consider before you choose to stay "outside of the magic".
Either way you will have fun!
:pipeS:
D