PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for Apple?

DisneyDog
05-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Someone in my family has an interview scheduled with Apple. I'm just wondering what it's like to work for them. Thanks!

dmosher
05-22-2009, 08:47 PM
What position are they interviewing for? I have worked for them, and the interview process depends on what the job they are applying for.
:pipes:
D

DisneyDog
05-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Corporate sales and training.

dmosher
05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Ahh, OK. The big thoughts they will discuss are group dynamics and customer service. They want to know that the interviewee is part of the "cult of MAC" so to speak. My advice is to study before hand. Know products, software and terms that are MAC specific. During my interview they wanted to know my technical knowledge but also asked about "how many Macs I owned", "How long have I been a Mac user", etc. They really want people who love Apple and want to spread the word. Have a few good arguments about why MAc are better or at the very least equivalent to PCs and how they can be used in any environment. "How would you convert a PC user to a MAc" was a big question they asked me, etc. Be friendly, excited and generally just happy and that will show through the interview. That is really what they want. It is actually very DISNEY in that sense.
Good luck and let me knwo how it goes!
D

Ian
05-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Ahh, OK. The big thoughts they will discuss are group dynamics and customer service. They want to know that the interviewee is part of the "cult of MAC" so to speak. My advice is to study before hand. Know products, software and terms that are MAC specific. During my interview they wanted to know my technical knowledge but also asked about "how many Macs I owned", "How long have I been a Mac user", etc. They really want people who love Apple and want to spread the word. Have a few good arguments about why MAc are better or at the very least equivalent to PCs and how they can be used in any environment. "How would you convert a PC user to a MAc" was a big question they asked me, etc. Be friendly, excited and generally just happy and that will show through the interview. That is really what they want. It is actually very DISNEY in that sense.
Good luck and let me knwo how it goes!
DThis is all very good advice. One of my co-workers is a huge Apple fanboy (as are a lot of people in my line of work) and he used to work at an Apple store part time.

He was asked all of that same kind of thing during his interview just to work part-time in a retail store. I can only imagine you'll get more of the same.

DisneyDog
05-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks! That should be very doable. Several macs owned, airport wireless network, 3 ipods and 3 iphones!

Magic Smiles
05-24-2009, 10:00 PM
"How would you convert a PC user to a MAc" was a big question they asked me, etc.
D

So, how would you convert a PC User to a Mac?
We just purchased a 24" iMac (? I am always using the wrong name) for DS graphics courses. He will still be using his PC for all else.

DisneyDog
05-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Ha. I'm not the one being interviewed. But, I've seen it done...and the converted are always amazed by how much more a mac can do than a PC...or at least how easy it is with a mac. Have you ever been to an Apple store? It's amazing!

dmosher
05-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I usually just show people how a MAC is actually a PC (it's true it is) but with a better brain. PLus I show them how to run WIndows on a MAC (without issues that is) and then ask them to do the same on their PC. Then tell them how I have been on MACs for at least 10 years and have NEVER gotten a virus. If that doesn't work, then they are beyond help. haha
D

janebanks
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
The interviewee should be fun, positive, upbeat, love love love all things Apple, believe that PC's are a tool of the devil and that Apple products literally change lives.

(Resigned from my full time Apple job this past spring to stay home with my kids. Miss it, miss it, miss it.)