View Full Version : Worldwide HooHa w/Preens

Mr_Increddieble
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Thursday, May 14th
Decided to forego our scheduled trip to Typhoon Lagoon in favor of just hangin out at the Polynesian. It turned out to be a good decision as our day was relaxing and fun-filled. We had a nice prolonged bkfst at Cap't Cook's. It was fun watching the duck family and the lone ibus scurry from table to table looking for food.
After a freshen up at the room, put on the suits and off to the volcano pool. DD and I rode the slide ("Please wait until the light is green before entering the slide"). DW and DS hung out in the sand. DS loves to play in the sand-he is very tactile (see pics).
Had lunch at Cap't Cook's. The grilled cheese sandwich had some form of mayonnaise although the DW swears it's just a different kind of cheese. Yuk, I'm not taking any chances. The DD and I took a 2-seater SeaRacer boat ride. Got some good pics of MK from the lake. Rode out past the Contemporary by the ski lake and the boat stalled. Tried all the steps and she still wouldn't start. Just as DD was asking what was to become uf us, looked towards WL and here came a Boston Whaler w/a nice lady who primed and choked our boat back to life. The boat lady noticed that DD was scared so she pulled out a bag of Disney figurines and DD chose a Minnie baby. When we got back to the volcano slide I would go down first, then DD would send Minnie and then DD would come down. Very fun stuff. The boat stalled one more time but I got it going. Mentioned it to the guy who takes the cash back at the dock and, though he was a little rude, he gave us a discount on the time spent out. $35 instead of $45, something like that. When I was telling him the story and got to the part about the nice lady helping us and giving DD the Minnie, DD held the Minnie up in the air for him to see like evidence as I was making my case- funny, I thought.
Dinner was at 'Ohanas and we requested and got a table in the main dining area, near the far corner. Great service and atmosphere as usual. The chicken wings, pork, and the salad were all very tasty. Then went to DTD after dinner and I made a 'Mr. Incredible' T-shirt which I will pick up on Saturday. The DW liked Tren-D and I bought an ESPN t-shirt for a friend that had Mickey, Goofy, and Donald playing footbal in leather helmets w/the caption, "The game needs more characters".
Then back to the room to get ready for our final full day-which will be jam packed.
http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=566021023/a=158214578_158214578/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

faline
05-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Sorry about the problems with the boat but it sounds like it all worked out well!

Seems like your family got lots of chances to play this day! Sounds like it was fun!

yjgirl32
05-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Great report. SOunds like you had a lot of fun- well except for the boat stalling- but a little Disney magic came along. Thanks for sharing.

disneymom15
05-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Sounds like your family ha a great day.

BluewaterBrad
05-23-2009, 04:07 PM
:thumbsup::mickey:

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: