PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon

mainemajor
05-21-2009, 09:49 PM
What can anyone tell me about Whispering Canyon? It will be three adults in our party.
Thanks for any comments/help :mickey:

KatMark
05-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Personally, DH and I did NOT care for it at all. We were there this past September. We had a 5:15 ADR and we waited over 30 minutes for our table; we were put in the "back" room while there were plenty of tables in the main room (we asked to be seated in the main room and we were told we had to take the table they assigned us). The food was not good in our opinion at all; DH and I shared the skillet. I stopped eating after I tried the beans, corn, brisket, salad. DH ate chicken and ribs and ended up being sick (I did not get sick...so I'm assuming it was the chicken or ribs) the rest of the evening. We were there for over two hours and never bothered with dessert because we figured it would be another 30 minutes before we got out of there. As for the antics, NOTHING went on the entire time we waited for our table or while we were there. I would suggest you try somewhere else...plenty of good restaurants at Disney to eat at. The only reason I would suggest you perhaps give it a try is if you want to see the resort. Although we would never stay there, the resort is stunning when you first walk in.

kakn7294
05-21-2009, 11:41 PM
We ate there in 2005 - DH and I shared the skillet and did not care for it. However, it hasn't deterred us and we're going back in July. My DDs are looking forward to the all-you-can-drink milkshakes - they were great!

the other micki
05-22-2009, 12:00 AM
We had a great time when we went less than a month ago. I thought the food was good and the restaurant atmosphere was very entertaining. Everyone in the place seemed to be having a good time. My DH did say that it really wasn't his kind of place (too much activity), so I guess it just depends on what you like.

svarhall07
05-22-2009, 01:46 AM
my girlfriend and i ate there, both adults, and hated it. we both had the skillet and were very disappointed - neither wanted seconds. as an elementary education major, i thought i would love watching the children play around and have fun with the cast members, but we saw very little antics and didn't even have fun with the "show". i would not suggest eating here at all, you could have a great time at so many other restaurants.

Strmchsr
05-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Ate there a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. We enjoyed the antics and the skillet was great, especially the ribs and brisket. The meat just melted off the bone. It seems to be one of of those love/hate kind of places, but it's a must do for us every trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-22-2009, 08:38 AM
We've been a number of times, the latest being a couple of weeks ago and we've always enjoyed our time there!

The earlier trips were much more "busy", with more activities going on but on this last trip we were seated in the back room, where it was much quieter. However, our servers were great and we still have a fun time.

We've always liked the food, always ordered the skillet and never had an issue in the least.

I love wandering around Wilderness Lodge, would love to stay there one day, so Whispering Canyon is a most-trip stop for us. I hope you enjoy it too :mickey:

Hull-onian
05-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Sometimes it's not about the food, it is about the experience.:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
05-22-2009, 12:36 PM
....we've been there twice and it was very much fun....you have to be willing to play along, otherwise you may get left alone.....

...I have to agree with some, the dinner skillet is Bad, to say it nicely.....the other menu items are wonderful......we had a better time for breakfast there than dinner....get the skillet for breakfast...it's all you care to eat and very, very good....

.....they are very stingy with the ketsup, so don't be shy to ask for it....:thedolls:

mainemajor
05-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Wow - thanks for the informtion. Now I'm totally confused. It seems as though you either love it or hate it. We have reservatons there, but this might be one we cancel.

dmosher
05-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Like EVERY Disney Dining experience in WDW, the actual "experiences" can be hit or miss. Usually you have a great time, but sadly (for some) it only takes one bad experience for people to say " I hate this place" and that is that. Whispering Canyons does have hot or miss days. If you go at slower times, the CM's may not be as active or excited, it happens. Also, sometimes you get a bad server or food that is just OK, but you will get this at any place at the wrong time. I have eaten at almost every restaurant on property and have good, bad, great and awful experiences at most of them, but I still go back. Why? You never know when your next greta meal will be and where.
Take anyone's review with a grain of salt, especially if it teems with PERSONAL opinions. For the record, yes this does include mien as well. Restaurants are like attractions and a bad experience for some can be OK, decent or great for others. If you are unsure but curious about a restaurant, just do it, at least once. If the meal was not bad or at least worth it, try again another time and compare. Then if you are still under-whelmed don't go back again. But I try to NEVER say no to a place I have not been based on others opinions or reviews.
:pips:
D

deedeebee
05-23-2009, 02:49 AM
We go every time we visit the world and it is great every time. The food is good and the atmosphere is fantastic. :thumbsup: