PDA

View Full Version : Best place to eat before leaving

Woozle
05-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi all,

Any suggestions for a place to eat lunch before we head to the airport? I have every other meal planned out but that one. I was thinking the kids would enjoy the T-Rex place.

Thank you!!! We leave in 19 days!!!!:mickey:

faline
05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
My favorite last day at Disney World starts with the Magic Kingdom. Mid-day we head over to the Grand Floridian and have a nice lunch at the Grand Flordian Cafe before we head back to our resort to pick up luggage, etc. and head to the airport.

svarhall07
05-22-2009, 02:39 AM
we always end with downtown disney. the last day is get up late, check out by 11am, bus to downtown disney, have lunch (usually bongos or wolfgang pucks - i would like to try t-rex), then head back by bus to the resort to grab the car and be on our way.

a note: I was at t-rex last week and while the atmosphere and theming is jaw-dropping, I saw some food on a few plates and it didn't look very appetizing. it looked bland and over-processed. not sure what the general thoughts are on the food, but the the aesthetics are beautiful.

ThanxForNoticin
05-22-2009, 10:47 AM
We will often head to DTD to eat before heading to the airport for home. Your idea of taking your kids to T-Rex is excellent. We found the service, atmostphere, and food to be very good. I expect your kids will love it. There are other good options at DTD, too, like Wolfgang Puck, Rainforest, and Earl of Sandwich to name a few. Enjoy!

#1donaldfan
05-22-2009, 12:45 PM
....T REX is a great idea......

....request a seat in the ice cave.....:thumbsup:

hoop de do
05-22-2009, 12:51 PM
T-Rex would be a great experience for the kids. We ate there and the food was great and the atmosphere I'm sure your gang will like. Have a great time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
We usually end with a big buffet breakfast, sometimes a character meal. Our favorite cnaracter meal for the last day is Cape May, non-character meal is Boma breakfast.

Gator
05-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Well, this will be an odd answer for some, but not for you. Go eat at the airport! Yeah, it sounds crazy, I know. But they have a place called Chick-Fil-A at the airport (they're closed on Sundays) that makes the best Chicken sandwich you'll ever have. They're very popular in the South but they don't exist out here (I live 20 miles south of you). Plus, when you're done, they have a Krispy Kreme right next to it - that 's a great desert to top off that chicken sandwich. That's where I eat on my last day unless it's a Sunday. In that case, I'll spend the morning at AK and hit Flame Tree BBQ.