PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please help with times?

marlaine
05-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Hello everyone!:mickey:
I really need someones opinion. Our first day, we arrive at MCO at 12:15. We will be taking ME to the Poly. I figure I'll be safe figuring we'll be checked in by 3:00. I'd like enough time to change clothes in our room. I want to make reservations at Tutto Italia in Epcot for dinner but still have time to see Illuminations. What would be the best time for us? There's 3 of us-Me, DH and DS5.
Any advise will be appreciated!:thumbsup:

AmandaChan
05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
3 pm is a more than generous estimation of time. I would say it would take a maximum of 1 hour to get OFF of the DME. We were the last stop on the DME bus last week and we landed at 10 AM. Did not collect luggage and had our vouchers ready, so we got in line. Arrived at the resort at 11:30 on the DOT. Luckily our room was ready so we checked in. So about .. 1:30-1:45 pm is when you'd probably show up to the resort. Say you check in and check out the room, and you're ready to go about 2:10 pm. Figure in a 20 minute bus wait (if you're doing busses) to EPCOT plus travel time, probably 35 minutes or so. Get into the park closer to a little after 3 pm. I'd say that 4 pm is a reasonable time to set a reservation. Italy is not too far to the back of the lagoon and you can stop in Mexico and Norway on the way back to Italy if you're too early. Illuminations don't start until 9 pm so you have plenty of time to go around the rest of the showcase! If you really want to see Illuminations that night I would not make reservations any later than 6 -- That is, if you're the type of person that likes to search for the perfect spot and wait until the show starts.

DisneyBunch5
05-21-2009, 12:01 PM
We stayed at the Contemporary in April, checking in around 11:30 AM. When checking in, we were told that our room would be ready around 3 and was given a card with a number to call.

The room wasn't ready until about 4:30. When we questioned why the room wasn't available earlier, we were told that the room isn't guaranteed to be ready by 3.

We had dinner reservations at EPCOT at 5:30 and wanted to change before dinner. So, we became a little concerned as the time ticked by without a room.

Odds are that you'll be OK with your reservation, but just wanted to share our recent experience.

SBETigg
05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Our last DME experience-- it took us over two hours to get to the Grand Floridian. We finally checked in at 1 pm, and then our room wasn't ready until 4. It took us another two hours to get our luggage from Bell Services (just carry-on, not counting our DME checked bags). We missed our 5:00 reservation at Biergarten. After some phone calls, they rushed our luggage up and changed our reservation for us. Just a warning that even the best plans can go awry. Last trip, our time was short and we saved the hassle by hiring Quicksilver. But I love DME and would do it again.

If you want to be done in time to see Illuminations from a good viewing spot, I would plan to eat at 6 or 6:30 at the latest, and just hope it works out.

marlaine
05-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info so far.
I am planning to take a change of clothes in a carry-on just in case. I learned from experience that the luggage takes a little long sometime. Luckily, our room has always been available for early check-in, but I am prepared to change in a restroom just in case!
I am an over-planner, and sometimes it just gets so overwhelming! I can't make my ADRs until June 15, and I'm already having sleepless nights!:secret: