PDA

View Full Version : My Kick at the ADR Can....

Anthony007
05-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Called right at 7 am, held for about 30 min. Here they are:

Arrival Day (Aug 19)
Sanaa for dinner - wanted Ohana, but it was completely booked for my first 4 days so we had to go to the backup.

MK Day
Grand Floridian Cafe for Lunch
Narcossee's for dinner

EPCOT Day
Rose & Crown Pub (no adr)
Marrakesh for dinner

AK Day
Y and Y for lunch - no adr
Jiko for dinner

Studios Day
something for lunch, no adr
Mama Melrose for dinner - didn't have anymore fantasmic packages.

EPCOT Day 2
Coral Reef for lunch
Tepan Edo for dinner

MK 2
Kona Cafe for lunch
Cali Grill for dinner.

Here lies the problem. I'm really not feeling Sanaa. We didn't really like Ohana's the first time we went, but we figured it was an off night since EVERYONE loves it so we were going to try it again. Now thats not an option, so I need advice. Do I switch Sanaa to something else?

We could do Kona Cafe that night and just get something quick for lunch on MK2, but we really wanted to try the lunch menu, BUT our Kona/Cali Grill ressies are 5 hrs apart? That might not be enough time to digest, and we are REALLY looking forward to Cali.

We've tried Whispering Canyon and were less than impressed. Citricos is an option. We don't really want a buffet. And we need something at a resort

SOOOOOOOOOO for arrival night should I stick with Sanaa?
Switch to Citricos?
Switch to Kona and scrap the lunch?
Switch to something completely different?
Try and get Ohana's?

I am very open to suggestions.

Also, what are the odds of getting a fantasmic package cancellation?

DZNYGUY
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I had to do a little bit of research for this one! I like fun questions like this.

It would seem that you are looking for something in the seven seas lagoon area so I did a once over in my head of all of the places at nearby resorts. The only thing that I could come up with that you are not already planning on doing is Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. I think it would be a nice way to start your Disney vacation!

As for the fantasmic package, I would say definitely yes, keep calling to see if something opens up. Between now and the time you are planning to go there is a lot that could happen, especially in this economy.

Good luck! :chef:

Nicki'sMom
05-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Let me just say, you have a great line up of places to eat. If I had my dream week of ressies, your choices would be pretty darm close to mine. I voted for Citrico's because it seems to fit well with all of your other choices. I have plans to try it in the future. Sanaa could be a pleasant surprise but I didn't look to see where you are staying. It means a side trip to AKL if you are not already staying there.

Anthony007
05-22-2009, 08:17 AM
The only thing that I could come up with that you are not already planning on doing is Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. I think it would be a nice way to start your Disney vacation!
Good luck! :chef:

Thanks for the reply. Artist Point was one of the ones we were thinking of.

Anthony007
05-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Let me just say, you have a great line up of places to eat. If I had my dream week of ressies, your choices would be pretty darm close to mine. I voted for Citrico's because it seems to fit well with all of your other choices. I have plans to try it in the future. Sanaa could be a pleasant surprise but I didn't look to see where you are staying. It means a side trip to AKL if you are not already staying there.

These ressies are a combination of our all time favourites (Cali, Tepan, Marakesh, Kona, Mama, Narcossee's) along with some new places we've always wanted to try (Coral, Jiko, Rose and Crown). Citricos has always been an option, but we've always thought that Narcossee's seems like the best of the two.

Sanaa could be a very pleasant surprise, but it might also be a disappointment. We're not worried about the trip to AKL from Pop. Usually our first night is at Boma, so we like the trip to AKL. On our last trip Boma was just ok, so we thought about trying something else. Thanks for the reply.

Hull-onian
05-22-2009, 08:35 AM
We like to go to the Rainforest Cafe at DTD and sit on the dock by the bay and eat dinner there. It has always been good, you get seated right away, and it is an overall, enjoyable experience. I like your other ADR's as well. Good luck.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I was torn between stick with Sanaa and go to Citricos. We were just at Citricos and it was a fabulous meal with very attentive waitstaff, which made for a lovely evening. But I do love getting over to the AKL and I really want to try Sanaa. I think it looks great. So, it depends on what you really feel like doing. I will add that it's very likely that both Citricos and Sanaa will have availability for you if you change your mind at the last minute.

If you really didn't like 'Ohana, I'm not sure I would knock myself out to try to go back. It could be that everyone else likes it, but that you really don't. That seems to be the case with us and Kona Cafe- I'm not a fan. It happens.

thejens
05-22-2009, 12:18 PM
I am not a huge O'hanna fan either, and if you've already been underwhelmed why make extra effort? I am unsure about Sanaa myself, but I love to try new things and I love exploring the AKL so I would stick with it for the novelty factor. My second thought is Citricos since it gets great reviews and seems to fit in with your other preferences. I am dying to try Citricos myself, but never seem to fit it in!