PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours

Jesss1124
05-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Hi, my name is Jess, I'm new, been trying to plan a trip. I have a question about the extra magic hours and tickets...
If I were to purchase tickets at a discounted price, from somewhere like AAA, can I still take advantage of the extra magic hours as long as I stay on disney property, or do I have to get my tickets at Disney?
Just trying to think of ways I can cut costs and still have an enjoyable vacation.... Thanks!!!

badkitty
05-21-2009, 02:45 AM
:welcome::rocks:

Yes, you can take advantage of the EMH as long as you are a WDW resort guest and no, you do not have to buy your tickets at Disney.

Your "key to the world" (room key) is what grants you access to EMHs at the parks. Be sure that everyone staying in your room in on the rooming list because a believe everyone needs their own key for EMHs. I am not sure about the little ones. Someone else will come along soon with the information.

wdwfansince75
05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
When we stayed at SoG last year, even DGD#3, a very petite 7 yo, had to show her resort ID at the turnstyle for the morning EMH's...We purchased our tickets through SoG....discounted, and no tax.

When they used to pass out the wristbands for the evening EMH, each member needed to get their own wristband, and needed to show their resort ID at the distribution locations. Assume they now need to show the resort ID for each ride.

tinklover
05-21-2009, 08:35 AM
When we stayed at SoG last year, even DGD#3, a very petite 7 yo, had to show her resort ID at the turnstyle for the morning EMH's...We purchased our tickets through SoG....discounted, and no tax.

When they used to pass out the wristbands for the evening EMH, each member needed to get their own wristband, and needed to show their resort ID at the distribution locations. Assume they now need to show the resort ID for each ride.

Yes that is correct. ages 3 and up must have tehir Own room keyes for EMH.

Basket Mommy
05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
When we were there a couple of weeks ago, my husband was usually the only one of the 4 of us (me, him + 2 kids) that had to show the keycard at EMHs. I guess the CMs assumed we were together (it might've helped that we were always wearing matching shirts!) We had all of the keys just in case, though.

Jesss1124
05-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Awesome, thanks for the answers!