PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for staying at Yatch Club

Newbie0809
05-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Going to the YC in Aug. booked club level. any suggestions for room location request or must dos there? Do you think Club perks are a waste if doing the meal plan? if all the rooms are the same should we downgrade from club level and maybe upgrade the meal plan instead-any thoughts?

jakeybake
05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
I have stayed on both the Club Level and in a standard room at the YC and I have to say that the convenience of having snacks and beverages available, as well as the extra special treatment you receive in Club is well worth the price.

We were on the meal plan when we stayed Club and we did have a few extra snack credits left over that we would of otherwise used if we had stayed in a standard room, but to us it was not big deal.

That being said I wouldn't hesitate to book a standard room at the YC. The rooms are clean, spacious (for Disney standards) and the resort itself is wonderful so you can't go wrong either way, though being able to walk down the hall and grab a cookie, donut, milk, juice etc. for my 9 and 6 year olds, instead of trecking down to the gift shop, or all the way over to the Beach Club gift shop for refills was worth the extra $$ alone.

Jay

TammiMcMan
05-21-2009, 05:56 PM
It's not easy to define "worth". What might be a valuable amenity to one person, might not be worth it to someone else.

We've been going to Disney since the 70's and we aren't the park commando types we once used to be. We tend to spend a lot more time at the resort, so club level is something that we do get some use out of. That being said, the lounge is by no means a meal replacement. We do have breakfast every morning, but we're okay with cereal, fruit, yogurt and bagels. Other than that, it's really just snacks. You are going to need to buy lunch and most dinners (especially if your plans don't include running back to the resort between 5 and 7pm for appetizers). If you don't plan on spending time at the resort, then downgrading might be a good option. But if you think you'll be spending some time hanging out at the resort, you probably wouldn't find club level a waste.

I know Jakeybake really likes the YC and unfortunately, I don't share his opinion. That's part of the fun of these message boards though, because you get to hear all different points of view. I will say that I am in love with the pre-planning staff and they made the trip for us. They were amazing and when I had issues upon arrival that the onsite concierge staff couldn't/wouldn't take care of for me, I called my pre-planning contact and she fixed everything within minutes.

Con's for us, is the standard view from the resort overlooks the parking lot and you can't book a water view if you have a party of 5. (I have no idea why). The lounge is very small by comparison to some of the other club levels and the seating is limited. I'm an early riser and one of the reasons I book club level when we vacation, is that I can usually head to the lounge, read the paper and have my coffee while I wait for the family to wake up. The YC doesn't have an open lounge and they do close the doors in between servings and from 10pm until 7am.

TheRustyScupper
05-21-2009, 08:40 PM
1) As mentioned by TammiMcMan, don't try to justify it monetarily.
2) Some people like to stay Club Level.
3) Other people think it is a waste.
4) This is more of a personal choice than a monetary one.
5) If you enjoy and want the extra service, then by all means stay Club Level.
6) There are no right or wrong choices with this one.

Newbie0809
05-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for all the insight. Any suggestions for room location request or any other tips at this resort? We haven't seem much info out there on this property and since this will be our first onsite stay we want to put in our requests if there are any suggestions.

SO excited to stay on property!!

TammiMcMan
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
What view do you have booked? There's really not a lot of selection on the club level floor. Basically, if you have a standard view booked, then chances are you'll be overlooking the parking lot and convention center roof. You could ask for room number 5143-5154 (closest to the lounge) or 5195-5199. Those are a few rooms that don't face towards the parking lot and have slightly better views.

If you have water view booked, I would just ask for something close to the lounge.