PDA

View Full Version : Crowds during Labor Day

maizey05
05-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Have any of you done DL over Labor Day? Was the crowd size horrible then? How about right after Labor Day?

Aisling
05-20-2009, 10:53 PM
We've been at the parks on the Sunday before Labor Day and on Labor Day itself and we thought the crowds weren't too terrible. A lot of the schools in Southern California start in August, and I think that helps keep the crowds down. I'm trying to remember if it was last year or the year before and I think it was the year before that we stayed over Labor Day weekend. Just avoid Saturday if you can.

NotaGeek
05-20-2009, 11:56 PM
I have been there on Labor day and it was very crowded. That's the last weekend of high season ... and it's a 3-day weekend to boot. You can bet that ANY time school is out it will be packed. The weekend right after it slows down, but as always weekends are busy, Monday-Thursdays are less crowded.

There is a handy crowd estimator (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115765) in the vacation planning forum that tinkwest and I put together that gives a good idea of crowd size. You can follow the link I provided, or it's a stickey at the top of the list of open discussions. :thumbsup:

maizey05
05-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the info and link. So happy I can always count on my fellow intercotees to answer my silly questions. :mickey:

Wall-e
05-21-2009, 12:03 PM
We went the day after labor day and stayed through Friday, and there were no crowds. Most rides were walk ons, and a couple of times we were allowed to ride a second time with out exiting. We did wait about 20 mins for the Jungle Cruise, but that was our longest wait over 3 days in the park. Have a great time!