PDA

View Full Version : Yard Crashers at EPCOT

figgie
05-20-2009, 09:24 AM
A while ago, I was in the Orlando airport picking up my DH coming home from a business trip and I heard the name Ahmed Hassan being paged to come to the information desk. I wondered, "Could it be" and went to see. Yes it was, Ahmed from the TV show Yard Crashers. I like to watch this show and wondered if he was doing a backyard in the Orlando area. I was surprised and delighted to see that he was actually bringing a family to EPCOT to help put together a garden for the Flower and Garden Festival.

DH and I really enjoyed going to EPCOT last week and visiting that garden after veiwing the TV show that featured that garden. The tool box garden with the TV on it will be a photo memory for me as I possed leaning in to wink a Ahmed on the screen. More happy Disney memories!

MOJoe
05-20-2009, 09:44 AM
That's really cool.
My wife and i watch his show every Sunday morning. So fun.
So did you get to meet him?

figgie
05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
No, didn't actually meet him, just saw him in the airport go to the information desk. Did you see the show on the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival? They built the tool box planter and painted it red. There is an outdoor TV on top and they play the show continuously on it. I leaned in and winked at the picture just the right time to get a great picture for my disney scrapbook!

MOJoe
05-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Have not seen that episode. I think we are catching reruns on cable. But i'm sure it will be on sooner or later.
That's really great you got your picture in the garden.

ransam
05-20-2009, 06:18 PM
it was a really good show...i have never watched it before, but i thought the family did a really good job

Hull-onian
05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, talk about a magical encounter. Way to go!!!:thumbsup:

PixieMagic
05-20-2009, 07:37 PM
That's amazing! Now I really really want to find that episode!!!:number1:

brownie
05-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Wish I could see it, but we don't get DIY.

hokies4life
05-21-2009, 08:57 AM
I thought the episode was really interesting :thumbsup:. But when Fiance and I were there we didn't remember seeing that display. And I couldn't fully figure it out from watching the show. Could you try to describe where it was to maybe jog our memory?

:chipdale:

figgie
05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
It's by the Rose Garden. When you are going from the front of EPCOT to the Countries, instead of crossing the main crosswalk, use the smaller pathway on the right side. It comes from the Imagination pavillion and ends up on the Canada side next to the McDonalds. The garden is on the righthand side, you can't miss the big red tool box and the TV on top.