PDA

View Full Version : WL tips?

like2workout
05-20-2009, 08:59 AM
i'll be staying at the wilderness lodge for the first time 6/11-17. does anyone have any tips for what to do, what to see, what not to miss at the lodge? thanks!

ibrowse17
05-20-2009, 11:49 AM
You will enjoy staying at the WL. Make sure to catch the water parade each night, and I would also suggest having dinner at Artist Point. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
05-20-2009, 12:08 PM
If your park focus is MK, you can come back to the WL for lunch and then go back to the park. If you want a grown ups evening, younger kids can spend an evening in Cubs Den. Our DD4 at the time was a day care kid and liked Cubs Den so much that the next year at WL, she asked to go there again.
The pool staff is very helpful.
A dinner at WCC is more fun than a typical meal in a restaurant.

RBrooksC
05-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Also, while this can be done at many of the other deluxe resorts, take time to rent the Sea Raycer and enjoy the freedom of being able to explore Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. I love the aqueduct between both bodies of water. You have to go slow but I like riding over a water bridge.

Gregandmel
05-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Lucky Lucky YOU!! We were at the WL back in October and LOVED it!! You will be so happy to have your stay there. Make sure you see some of the yardwork in front of the lodge (we only saw it in passing when we were leaving - there was a Mickey & Minnie bush carved). Because of where the bus stop is, you aren't really out front much. There are SO many wonderful details! At night time when the water parade passes by, grab a drink and sit on the dock! Much fun - enjoy your trip!!!

diz_girl
05-20-2009, 02:17 PM
At the end of the day it's nice to get a beverage and sit down in the lobby in one of the rockers by the babbling brook that feeds Silver Creek. It's very relaxing.

I also like watching Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant from the dock.

Renting a Sea Raycer and go around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. Or renting a bike and riding along the path to Fort Wilderness.

You can go on the hunt for Hidden Mickeys. The cast members at the lobby check-in or concierge should be able to provide a map.

Enjoy!

SleepyKeith
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Whenever the wife and I are staying at the WL (going back this Oct.) we like to rent bicycles and pedal over to Fort Wilderness. You can visit the petting zoo and horse barn, have lunch at the Trails End, or just ride around the campgrounds.

TheRustyScupper
05-20-2009, 02:39 PM
FREE:
1) Take the Lodge tour at 9:00 Sun-Wed starting in lobby.
2) Watch the geyser, every hour on-the-hour from 9:00am.
3) Stroll to Fort Wilderness by the path/road
4) Take the boat ride to Fort Wilderness.
5) Go to the Fort Wilderness campfire nightly.
6) Play on the beach (no swimming, though)
7) See Iron Spike Room with ORIGINAL Walt backyard train cars,
8) Veg-out in the lobby in the evenings.
9) Swim in the pool.
10) Hunt for the Hidden Mickey's (list available at Concierge).
11) Try to be the Flag Family in the morning (check at Front Desk).
12) Take the boat ride to Comtemporary or MK.
13) Use the exercise room and dry sauna at the Villas.

FEE-BASED:
1) Rent a 4-person surrey bike.
2) Rent a pontoon or water sprite boat.

like2workout
05-20-2009, 04:51 PM
THANKS very much to each of you!! this is exactly what i was hoping for. i've got all of your information now ready to go. i appreciate all of your inpute very much!

KylesMom
05-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Enjoy a great concoction from the Trout Pass Pool Bar for me! :mickey: