PDA

View Full Version : School Vacation Question

KAT1811
05-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Do most school districts :write: have a school vacation the third week in February?

Either way is that a rather busy time :crowd: in WDW?

Last question, how is the weather :freeze: that time of year?

Thanks!!! :thanks:

Mickey's Pals
05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Most schools in the Northeast have one week off starting on President's Day (which I believe is usually around the middle of the month). I would imagine the parks are super crowded during this time, I have never been brave enough to try it! I know the Disney Cruise is usually booked fully for that week.

Tick-Tock
05-19-2009, 01:55 PM
The week of Presidents' Day is busy, but manageable with planning (and especially ADRs in place). The weather is changeable - a couple of years ago, it was in the 80s on Wednesday, then in the 50s and raining on Thursday!

SBETigg
05-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Most schools in the Northeast have one week off starting on President's Day (which I believe is usually around the middle of the month). I would imagine the parks are super crowded during this time, I have never been brave enough to try it! I know the Disney Cruise is usually booked fully for that week.

Break time here. I was looking over my son's college schedule and it's the only week he'll have off that coincides with his sister's high school break. If we can afford to go back again with tuition and other travel expenses, it will be that week. It's listed as a crowded time, but not as crowded as July and Christmas.

disneymom15
05-19-2009, 02:04 PM
The kids in our area don't have off. We were there on a long weekend Feb 8-11 about 3 years ago. Crowd levels were very low, and the weather was warm enough for shorts during the day.

gauvin4
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
The 3rd week of February is vacation week for Maine & Mass. I know that there are colleges in Maine that will have that week off too.

I have never been at this time of year so I can't help you with weather and crowds.

kakn7294
05-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Here in Western PA, it's hit-and-miss as to whether any districts have a spring break. Most in my area to not but I'm not sure about the Pittsburgh schools. Our break always centers around Easter - usually Thurs, Fri, and Mon only.

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2009, 04:02 PM
1) President's Week is the 3rd busiest week at WDW.
2) Right after Christmas Week and Thanksgiving Week.
3) It remains pretty busy for the next two weeks.
4) Then builds up to Spring Break weeks.
5) If you want the least crowds, go 1-2 weeks before President's Week.

Maleficent's Dad
05-19-2009, 06:28 PM
We go on President's Week (just about) every year.
Most years, it's very manageable as far as crowds are concerned; as mentioned, have those ADR's made!!!

This year, however, was insane at certain times when it came to crowds. :eek: :crazy: :eek:

DHS was just as bad as Christmas week. The MK was pretty nuts, too.
I can tell you, from first-hand knowledge, that it is usually not as bad as it was this year.

ThanxForNoticin
05-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Something else to consider for 2010. President's Day Monday runs right into Mardi Gras the next day, so it could be not only spring breaks and Speed Week and President's Day crowds, but maybe a few extra celebrating Mardi Gras at Disney. Maybe a few honeymooners for Valentine's Day, too?!!