PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to do SouthWest checkin from resort or parks?

LoriSan
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I want to check in at the 24 hour mark so we get first seating. No problem from home, but how about the return trip? I will have a laptop, but no printer access.

Also, 24 hr before my return trip will be at 2:00 in the afternoon, and I'm sure I'll be frollicking about on my last day in the parks. Is there any way to do it while I'm out and about? Can I call SW to check in?

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2009, 10:52 AM
1) Call SW yourself.
2) Go to a park Guest Services desk and they can do it with you.

ThanxForNoticin
05-19-2009, 12:09 PM
If you have your laptop, it's not a problem to check in online and NOT print the boarding passes. You will at least be registered and will have your A/B/C assignment. You can pick up the actual boarding passes when you check in at the airport.

Obviously, if you are in the park at 2PM, you're not going to have your laptop handy. As mentioned above, Guest Services at the parks (and resorts) have been willing to do this for guests - just make sure you have your details available - full name and confirmation number(s).

I don't think calling Southwest will be any help, though. SW will not check anyone in over the phone - it must be done online or at the airport.

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't think calling Southwest will be any help, though. SW will not check anyone in over the phone - it must be done online or at the airport.

You can do it with a web-enabled cell phone.

SandmanGStefani24
05-19-2009, 12:27 PM

it would have to be a blackberry type, I think. I have web access on both my work and personal cell phones, and neither would do the online checkin for me. never seemed to work right...

ThanxForNoticin
05-19-2009, 12:40 PM

Agreed.

I sometimes wish we really could just call the 800 number and have SW help us that way, but I guess the extra people required to answer the phones could be a problem. I think I'd prefer the lower fares!

ransam
05-19-2009, 01:39 PM
feel free to send me a private message w/ the information, and i will do it for you.