PDA

View Full Version : Watching Fireworks from Crescent Lake

Mickey's Pals
05-19-2009, 10:28 AM
My parents and I are going to Disney in early December, staying at the Boardwalk Villas. For their Christmas gift, I am planning on reserving the yacht in EPCOT for a fireworks cruise and dessert.
Has anyone been on the 1930's Runabout Style Yacht the Breathless II? Do you think it will be too cold at that time to be on the Lake at night? :confused:

Beast_fanatic
05-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Here's some information from a prior post that may help you out:

We've done both the Wishes Cruise on the seven seas lagoon, and the Illuminations Cruise over by Epcot. We got a Pontoon boat for the Wishes cruise, and the Breathless for our Illuminations cruise. Both were really enjoyable, but very overpriced in our eyes. It was fun for a one time experience, but I woudn't repeat it. If you do it, be sure to request a boat with "sound" so you can hear the words for Wishes and the music, it gets piped into the boat. You get bagged snacks, and sodas and waters. You can order pizza and chocolate covered strawberries, or even a BD cake for additional money. I see you are going in December. Bear in mind it will be chilly on the water in the evening. We went one year in February, one year in November. Both times we were bundled up with blankets. It was freezing. The skippers of the boats tell you interesting Disney facts and stories while you tour the lagoon before the fireworks start. Have fun!

Mickey's Pals
05-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for your help; that is perfect! I bought a Personalized blanket from Disney Online that I hope to have wrapped and waiting on the boat for my parents. I was planning on ordering hot chocolate too! I hope they will like it!