PDA

View Full Version : Discounted AP question

Dracula766
05-18-2009, 07:52 PM
We will be staying at SSR in 3 weeks and are planning of taking advantage of the $100 discount on buying APs.

I do have one concern though. I know that the discount applies to people in the same household.
My girlfriend is "officially" the DVC owner and we do live together. The problem is that my ID still has my old address and all utilities are addressed to her, so that wouldn't really help either.

Do I have any other options? :confused:

TennesseeTink
05-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Here is info directly from the DVC website. It looks like even if you had the correct address on your license, you still wouldn't be eligible for the discount:

Who is eligible to receive the Annual Pass discount?
Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the Pass for themselves and their immediate family residing in the same household only. At the time of purchase or redemption, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household.

Who is defined as "immediate family"?
"Immediate family" is defined by Walt Disney World Resort for discount purposes as noted below: Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner, Parent/Step Parent, Mother-In-Law/Father-In-Law, Child/Step Child, Brother/Stepbrother, Sister/Stepsister, Brother-In-Law/Sister-In-Law, Grandparent, and Grandchild.

DizneyRox
05-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Yep, immediate family AND same household. Since you are not related, no discount. You would need to get married before your trip, and still might have an issue if your ID isn't changed to reflect your correct address.

BTW - Disney is VERY strict about this discount, so I wouldn't even try to get it. IDs and whatnot are checked at the time of activation (at guest relations) and they get your IDs and Membership Cards so they can enter the guest specific information into the computer.

Dracula766
05-21-2009, 02:00 AM
ugh :(
weddings are expensive.

I guess that's one thing to look forward too once I decide to pop the question. ;)

ThanxForNoticin
05-21-2009, 06:03 AM
It's definitely going to be a lot cheaper to buy yourself a multi-day pass (or even your own annual pass) than it will be to get married in the next 3 weeks!!! Good luck with your trip and especially with any wedding in your future! Have a great time.