PDA

View Full Version : Breaks My Heart

Harriet
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
It breaks my heart that I have to cancel my trip this year. My company has had 3 layoffs since Thanksgiving and have cut our hours and now they are laying us off a week at a time over the next few months. The auto industry has crushed us badly not to mention everything else. This was to be a milestone trip for me as I cross the bridge to retirement this coming year. I only can hope I will be able to make a trip next year. God this country is in a mess.

faline
05-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm sorry! Hope things improve soon!

deedeenmickey
05-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I am so sorry. I hope things pick up fast (for all of us.) You are right the country is in a mess:confused:. Good Luck!

Granny Jill A
05-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm so sorry about your cancelled trip, but I certainly feel your pain. I'm 62 this year, and retirement is nowhere in sight for me because of current economic conditions. I still have a job, thank goodness, but who knows for how long.

My kids announced that they were foregoing their usual WDW trip this year because of financial concerns. They are my traveling companions when I go to Disney, so my trip is off as well.

I hope both of us are back at Disney next year. Keep your chin up.

BluewaterBrad
05-19-2009, 03:18 PM
i took a hefty pay cut to keep my job. We did not renew our APs. Thinking about going seasonal AP in Oct!! Keep on Keeping on!!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry you're not going. DH wants to go back in the fall; but I do not see it happening with 2 kids in college now.

jpH/keD
05-19-2009, 05:09 PM
:( Not going either! very sad stuff!

It'sWDW4me
05-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I still have my job but for how long? OT has been stopped and it's been announced that there will be no cost of living raises this year. I'll be making less this year than I did last year!

I didn't even plan a trip for this year. Thought about it but just couldn't bring myself to be that optimistic.