PDA

View Full Version : Vivien's 2nd birthday-Pre-trip Report

harlowandthemermaid
05-18-2009, 02:37 PM
The players: DH, DD Vivien, and me :mickey:
Dates: May 26- May 31
Resort: Caribbean Beach

Technically, Vivien does not turn 2 until June 11 but we are going to celebrate a little early to take advantage of the Flower and Garden Fest.
We are VERY excited about this trip, especially since Vivien is very vocal and talks about her Disney friends all the time. I keep talking about thing we will be doing on the trip,which adds to the excitement. When I ask her what she would like to ride, she says "Carpeet ride, Choo Choo ride, Dumbo ride" , it is very cute.
Our last trip did not go that well so we are hoping for better this time. In January we had unusally cold and rainy weather so we didn't get much pool time. Hopefully that won't be a problem this time ;)
We are trying out the dining plan for the first time and have meals planned at Chef Mickey's, Ohana, Crystal Palace, The Princess meal at Norway(a first for us), and either Play and Dine or Cape(can't decide)

Other than that we will just go with the flow and see what Vivien enjoys this time around. Last trip she wasn't too interested in rides so we spent a lot of time in Pooh's thotful spot . At least it will be warm enough for Ariel's Grotto and the water play areas at Epcot if she doesn't want to ride too many things. Her favorite ride on the last trip was the Nemo ride, so I am interested to see how different things are for her 6 months later. She is very talkative and is just crazy about all of the characters, so we will probably do lots of character greets etc.

We have a side trip planned to Savannah on the way down for an evening and the following morning and when we finish at WDW we will head off to see the family in Boca Raton for a week.

Wish us luck! Vivien and I both have colds right now so hopefully they resolve before we leave Sunday morning.

midgetpepper
05-18-2009, 06:51 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO VIVIEN! (BTW, she has an *awesome* birthday - that's my bday! Though I'll be 30 this year... but that's a different story all together! :laughing: )

I hope you and Vivien feel better by the weekend! :mickey:

faline
05-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow! Two years old! Can't wait to see updated pictures and hear all about Vivien's adventures (and your adventures as well)!

Melanie
05-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Hope you guys have a wonderful trip, Mel. :sun: Can't believe Vivien is almost 2. Wow!

RedSoxFan
05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Happy Birthday to Vivien.:mickey:
Hope you all have a great time.:mickey:

vizsla
05-19-2009, 05:22 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

yjgirl32
05-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Sounds like a wonderful plan- have a great trip.

DizNee143
05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
sounds like its going to be a fun time..
hope you guys get pool time..enjoy!! :mickey:

princessgirls
05-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Mel~

Enjoy your trip with beautiful Vivien! 2 is such a fun age! Everything is exciting!

I look forward to reading all about Miss Vivien's adventures.

Julie:mickey:

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
05-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Hope you have a great trip! My DS's first trip he was 2 and that was one of my favorite trips to the world with him. I even have him saying Mickey saved on a clip on my I-pod that I listen to all the time. What a wonderful birthday for her!

And I live in Savannah so if you need any tips or recommendations for places to eat, just let me know!

BluewaterBrad
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Have a fantastic trip!:mickey: