PDA

View Full Version : Can you get your initial Disney Rewards Card Online

JoDisney
05-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Can you get a Disney Rewards card online and have it sent to your home?

Our Disney Visa account is in both of our names, husband and wife. The primary cardholder name is my husband's (so Visa says) even though I have the second card in my name. The problem is, he does not always go on every trip to Disney. Can the Disney Rewards card be placed in both our names using an "OR" between the names so I (second cardholder) can use it at Disney when he does not go?

Beast_fanatic
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
You can definitely get it online and have it sent to your home. And, I don't think a name actually appears on the reward card as I recall having a post-it note with the last digits of our reward card numbers on it with our names written by whose was whose (hubby and I each have our own Disney Visa, so we get 2 rewards cards). If no one else can verify that, I'll look when I get home this evening to let you know for sure. I do know that when you request it online that there is no way for you to specify the name that appears (or how it appears).

sassafras
05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
My hubbie is primary on our Disney Rewards Visa and I've used the Rewards card before. A couple of years ago, my sis and I made a trip to DW while he stayed home. Had no problem using it and he got a great suede type jacket from the WL as a gift for his bday/anniversary gift!:D

JoDisney
05-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks for taking a look at your card and seeing if your name is on there. I am anxious to see what you find out. Also, when you use the reward card do I show my Disney Visa as i.d.? Can you use the reward card when you check-in to pay towards your balance at the resort?

Beast_fanatic
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
I found the card, and there is no name on it. You do not have to show any ID to use it, so you need to be careful with it and not lose it. And yes, you can apply the reward dollars to your balance at check-in (if you're on a room only reservation and therefore have a balance whereas packages have to be paid in full 45 days in advance).

Also, when I order by card, I generally request it with just $20 on it (which is the minimum to get a new card), and then I transfer the rest to the card after I receive it. That way, if it gets lost in the mail, I'm only out $20 instead of all my reward dollars (I've only heard of one case of this, and it was very, very difficult to get it resolved - if they ever did).

faline
05-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Hopefully, the person you request your card from listens to your instruction. As Rhonda suggested, I requested my last card with the minimum transfer necessary in order to get the card. When the card arrived, I called back to transfer the rest of my dollars to the card only to find that the card had been issued with ALL my dollars already transferred to it! Fortunately, it was not lost in the mail and I didn't have to deal with that.

Next time, I think I will use the on-line route so I can control what gets transferred onto the initial card request!

sainter
05-19-2009, 09:21 AM
The reward card has no name on it and can be used by anyone, no ID required. Just like a gift card. So be careful not to lose it! :thumbsup:

tinkergal
05-19-2009, 09:41 AM
I tried to order on-line yesterday but the site said I had exceeded my maximum 2 cards allowed. Only one number was showing on the website (I think I must've trashed that card after last years' vacation). Anyway, I called & the guy couldn't have been nicer & will issue me a new one. So, just a reminder, these cards can be reloaded up until the expiration; remembering that would've saved me a little hassle.:cool:

JoDisney
05-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Thank you everyone for your responses. They were so very helpful.