PDA

View Full Version : When should we go?

momof3+twins
05-18-2009, 07:40 AM
We are going next year. I am very ready for this trip so I am considering Feb. after Presidents week/first week March. But, should I wait until April when all the spring breakers are gone and the weather warms up a bit? Please give me advice/pros and cons! Thanks ahead of time!!

stitchaholic
05-18-2009, 08:21 AM
we have gone early january and late january,the crowds are definitly thinner this time of year and you get to do alot of popular rides over and over again.
however,the weather does not always co operate at this time of year,last trip was rainy some days and very chilly on some days.
the trip before that was warm and sunny,you never can tell.

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
05-18-2009, 10:11 AM
There are still a lot of spring breakers in WDW in April, but it's also a nice time to go weather-wise. IMO, the absolute best time to go is between Thanksgiving and Christmas, like the 2nd week of December. NOTHING compares to WDW all decked out for the holidays, the crowds are low with very short lines for the attractions, and the weather is usually pretty nice (although we had a few chilly sweatshirt-worthy days during this time in the past). I so wish I could go back in December, but with my kids in high school now I just can't take them out of school for a vacation.

Strmchsr
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Easter Sunday is April 4 in 2010 and so early April would not be a good time, crowd-wise. However, I'm going to be interested in seeing what the crowds do next year. This February-May has been much more crowded than previous years, especially in March and early April. Most attribute that to the 4/3 promotion which occurred during a time promotions usually aren't offered. So, we'll see if next year the crowds stay higher or not.