PDA

View Full Version : Airport/DME without rest of party

DisneyTwinsMommy
05-17-2009, 05:57 PM
We are traveling to WDW in September for FREE DINING! :mickey: My cousin would like to come too but doesn't want to take off that much time from school. She wants to meet us 1/2 way through our vacation. She will be staying in a room with my Mom and Aunt (her Mom).

We are traveling Monday-Monday, she would be arriving Thursday-Sunday.

How does that work with Magical Express since she is not traveling with the group?

How does that work with free dining?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :mickey:

faline
05-17-2009, 06:00 PM
To use Magical Express, she must be registered to the room she will be staying in.

DisneyTwinsMommy
05-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Right! I understand that... I should specify...

1. Will she be able to take DME to and from the airport on different days than everyone else in the room?

2. Can I get her dining for the days she is there, or the entire week? Since I know you all have to have the same package.

JRocker
05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
I had pretty close to the same question.

Our whole family plus daughter's boyfriend, will be checking in together. We are driving down (camper won't fit on the plane).

Daughter's boyfriend has to be back halfway through our trip, so he is flying back.

Other daughter has to fly back before our last night, so that she can be at work the next day.

I had planned on driving them to the airport, but can they use DME?
Do I need to call up Disney and tell them they need it for departure?
If I'm too busy having fun, should I just make them walk? :thedolls:

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-17-2009, 06:35 PM
The entire group does NOT have to go together.
We did it several times when my mother came with us. She flew down with us but returned several days earlier than the rest of us.
I just made sure DM had her correct flight info and everything went smoothly.
In fact since she was in her late 70s at the time and not able to deal with the airport by herself, I was able to go with her on the bus and get her checked-in, then hopped the DME back to OKW. :thumbsup:

MidnTPK
05-18-2009, 05:18 PM
2. Can I get her dining for the days she is there, or the entire week? Since I know you all have to have the same package.
This thread needs a bump to get some experts.

Cousin will have to be on the same package for the whole period, not just the nights she's there, to get the free dining.

That means buying a registering her as a guest for the full M-to-M, not T-to-S. But since that price difference is likely less than a cab ride + meals, this is probably the way to go. You'll have to pay the additional adult fee per night for the full length of your stay, but that will be compensated with additional meals/snacks you get by cousin being on the plan for the full week, plus free DME.

Mickey's Pals
05-19-2009, 11:47 AM
On our last trip, my Mom arrived after both my Dad and I. She was allowed to use the DME, just make sure they have the correct flight info! I came from the DC area and my parents (flying separately) came from the NY area and they had all the wrong flights listed.

Also, we used the Dining Plan. We had originally made reservations assuming we would have to pay for the full stay for my Mom, but Disney told us she would only be charged for the days she was there, ie her length of stay, especially since she was connected to the DME, they knew when she was arriving. I am not sure if it works the same way with the free dining plan, but i guess you will need to talk to Disney to find out the specifics.

Have a great trip!