PDA

View Full Version : No ADR necessary

mdricks
05-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Let’s just say you planned a trip and were leaving in 4 days. And let’s just say you were really busy and blew off adr's and didn’t get any of the restaurants your family usually loves.
:blush:

Where would you plan on going, no ADR necessary?

Hypothetically speaking of course.....

faline
05-17-2009, 05:11 PM
On a couple of occasions, I've had great luck eating at some of favorites even without making advanced dining reservations. We were able to lunch at Le Cellier by being there right when they opened. The same with Liberty Tree Tavern.

We've also had good luck going to Guest Relations to see what was available and for what times. You might be surprised!

dancin Disney style
05-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Boma is usually pretty easy to get into. T-Rex at DTD doesn't take ADRs.

Quite often there are same day ADRs available for some of the more popular places. If you are lucky and get a great CM on the phone they can check to see what is open for that day at any of the restaurants.

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2009, 05:47 PM
On a couple of occasions, I've had great luck eating at some of favorites even without making advanced dining reservations. We were able to lunch at Le Cellier by being there right when they opened. The same with Liberty Tree Tavern.

We've also had good luck going to Guest Relations to see what was available and for what times. You might be surprised!

yeah.....listen to faline. You never know, but get there early. Just like the parks!!:mickey:

Strmchsr
05-17-2009, 05:50 PM
T-Rex at DTD doesn't take ADRs.

True, they don't operate on the Disney ADR system but they do have their own priority season that you can call and get. Otherwise the standby line is pretty long sometimes.

sassy2000
05-17-2009, 05:58 PM
We just got back yesterday from Orlando. We weren't planning on going to WDW but of course with APs it was easy to talk my DH into it. On Wednesday morning I called and got 5:30 ADR for Chef de France. They also had Marrakesh completely open and had 8:50pm for 1900 Park Fare (which unfortunately was too late for my small kids). We were also told by the front desk at Ohana that you can usually get seated for dinner there without ADR IF you arrive right before they open. (5pm). Yesterday, we were in AK and got lunch ressies for Tusker House with no problem. In fact when we left at 12:30, the restaurant was only about 1/2 full.

SBETigg
05-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I would keep trying my favorites, just in case something opened up. As a back up plan, I would keep in mind: Grand Floridian Cafe, Marrakesh, San Angel Inn, Nine Dragons, Biergarten, all of which usually fit people in on short notice, and also why not call Disney Dining and just see what's open at any given time. You might find some great new favorites.

KAT1811
05-17-2009, 07:05 PM

Us too! We changed our itinerary up a bit last minute on our last trip and as a result our ADRs changed last minute. A few of those coveted ADRs I spent months planning and made at 7:00am on the 180th day! LOL! We went to Guest Services at Epcot and had a choice of eateries. We LOVED Tutto Italia (I honestly thought we wouldn't care for it coming from an area with some of the best italian eateries around but we were pleasantly pleased. The caprese past is fabulous) so we wanted to go back and got ADRs same day.

We also really enjoyed Yachtsman Steakhouse and wanted to go back. I just called Disney Dining and they fit us in for an early ADR. The restaurant was quiet for the most part.

So back to the question at hand if I were too busy and forgot to make ADRs where would I try? (Like that would ever happen! LOL! I obsess over them!)

Plaza Restaurant (MK)
1900 Park Fare (ASAP after dinner starts)
'Ohana (again ASAP)
Whispering Canyon (Right @ opening)
Crystal Palace (dinner)
Artist Pointe (We got a walk up table early on as a party of 5)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Early)
Any Epcot eatery late lunch or very early dinner

As a former restaurant manager (fine dining) I offer a suggestion. Tell the host/hostess at the podium you will be quick, in and out. Many times they will be able to accomodate you. The reservation system works on time allotments and it is often possible to squeeze someone in that is willing to get in and out, especially early on in the evening before they get too busy.

Now, if you tell them you will be out before a specific time please adhere to your agreement. I cannot tell you how many times this backfired on me. A couple would plead and beg for a table swear up and down that they would be out before my reservation came in and then sit forever.

spoiledraf
05-17-2009, 10:42 PM
We've gone to the Yachtsman several times late and had no trouble. In fact, it was only about 25% capacity.

biodtl
05-18-2009, 09:45 AM
We usually only get ADRs for our must haves and play it by ear the rest. We call every day and see what is available and where, and we also try stopping in park restaurants, since there have been times we have been told there was nothing by the dining line and then went to the restaurant right after and were told they had something.

We've been especially lucky with on-the-fly ressies in WS.

#1donaldfan
05-18-2009, 12:00 PM
......oohhh.....I just got shivers thinking of no ADR's in this day n age at Disney.....you almost have to have 'em.....

...we used to "fly by night", but now are forced to use the ADR system to keep from waiting forever ......

...we have been lucky with breakfast's with no ADR's.....:thumbsup:

PixieMagic
05-18-2009, 07:51 PM

Any chance you could do that with dinner and get in?? I am so upset about not getting my families top two choices (Le Cellier and OHana) I didn't even realize OHana was that popular!

As to the post, I would say Marrakesh would be easy to get into and fantastic food!!

faline
05-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I can't remember if I've ever done this for dinner at Le Cellier or nor. If you do try to do this, I'd suggest arriving 15-20 minutes before official opening and planning to wait.

I do recall that, on one or two trips, they were not taking any walk-ins at all for dinner.

kakn7294
05-18-2009, 08:56 PM
We did Tusker House on a walk-up basis for lunch in March. We also ate at The Plaza Restaurant last August by calling from inside Space Mtn for a reservation about an hour later. On that same trip, we also snagged an ADR for Chef Mickey's breakfast early in our week for a Friday morning and did Mara Grill at CSR for breakfast as a walk-up.

mdricks
05-19-2009, 06:26 AM
thanks for the suggestions everybody!

I willhave to give yatchtsmans a try, that really looks good to me and can, hopefully, replace lecellier for steak night.

:number1: