PDA

View Full Version : Help me impress first timers

fabfundisney
05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
My next trip is just at 6 wks away!:number1:
This time, my sister and her friend will be coming along. I am so excited! We are staying at POP, and not visiting the parks until our second day. What can I do to really impress them on our first day of arrival?

faline
05-17-2009, 04:32 PM
How old are the other members of your party? Are they adults? Are they both girls?

fabfundisney
05-17-2009, 04:38 PM
How old are the other members of your party? Are they adults? Are they both girls?

That would help!:secret:
They are both girls, age 24 and 25.

faline
05-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Would they like to do a character dinner? 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian might be a good choice.

Fireworks? A dinner at California Grill timed to coincide with the fireworks would be very nice.

You could take a monorail ride through Epcot. Ask to sit in the front of the monorail with the operator.

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Check out what is going on in DTD. House of blues concert? Cirque show?? Do they want to party?? Boardwalk....Jelly Rolls??/:mickey:

MinnieMommie
05-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Lots to do at DTD. You can shop, dine, catch some entertainment and go on the hot air balloon. Check online and see who's playing at the House of Blues. The water parks are another option for during the day. :mickey:

KAT1811
05-18-2009, 06:26 AM
I like FAILINE's suggestion of a dinner on the monerail line and a ride on the monerail. Personally I think the views from California Grill are spectacular even for Disney vetrans so that would get my first vote but there are tons of great restaurants along the routes. Riding in the front of the monerail is quite a treat and great for first timers. We go every year and my children still love to ride in the front (okay DH and I do too)! Riding through Epcot is a great idea. It'll give them a sneak peek at what is coming and leave them super excited. After dinner you could always head to the beach at one of the Bay lake resorts and watch the Electrical Water Pageant. A Disney classic that is still tons of fun. Especailly with a Lapu Lapu from the Poly! Enjoy. In my experence WDW wows every first timer without even trying. I don't think you can ever get the true enormity of the World until you've been there!

caryrae
05-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Fireworks? A dinner at California Grill timed to coincide with the fireworks would be very nice.

Personally I think the views from California Grill are spectacular even for Disney vetrans so that would get my first vote

This one of my Wife and mines best memories. We went there for our 5th Anniversary 8 years ago and loved it. We made sure we did the reservation for when the fireworks were going on at MK and it was cool they turned down the lights and piped in the music from MK. We were lucky enough to get a table right by a window facing MK. The food was wonderful and so was the Dessert.