PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Club Refurb?

Jack Skellington
05-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Some friends of mine were at WDW a few weeks ago and told me that the night they went to PI, and specifically the Adventurer's Club it was closed for refurb. Anyone confirm?

KAT1811
05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Not closed for refurb just closed. Disney is completely rehauling the DTD area and PI closed for good this past September. Many petitions were put forth in an effort to save the Adventurer's Club to no avail.

Very sorry to see it go I must say but I am secretly hoping it reopens as a dinner show type of venue. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

WDW5150
05-17-2009, 04:23 PM
yep-just closed.:ill:

figgie
05-20-2009, 09:41 AM
DH and I really miss the Adventurers Club and the Comedy Club also. It is sad to walk through that area at night and know there is no New Years celebration to look forward to every night. A drink and sushi at Wolfgang Puck's usually makes me feel better!

estein80
05-21-2009, 03:06 PM
It was really sad to walk through PI and see everything closed. DH and I loved the Adventurer's Club, and were really upset when it closed. The only club that is totally blocked off is Adventurer's, probably for the private parties they have booked. We also agree that it would make for a great dinner theater show of some kind.

We did make the comment that once they opened PI to everyone that it changed things a lot. No more Jello shots in the streets.

Alas, the end of an era.

maxrebo77
05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Without getting in trouble again, I still wish to post that I heard AC, Motion and Sountstage are in use for private parties until September. the Adventurers Club is still supposed to be a part of the new Night Kingdom-Jungle Trek or what ever tey decide to call it. On a sad note, it will be geared to attract a specific group of people.

danimator
05-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Does this mean I won't be able to grab a drink from a vendor and wander around PI with it anymore? :( I hope not!

wire0monkey
05-23-2009, 10:50 AM
There is a rumor that Disney will have an annoucement about DTD and Pleasure Island in about a month. There has been a strong hint that it might include good news about the fate of the Adventurer's Club. It's all rumor and speculation, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Disney will rescue the Adventurer's Club from the scrap pile.

maxrebo77
05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
There is no way that Disney will lose the gold mine AC. It will just cost a lot of money to go there. The baloon thing is just the beginning. I see no reason for a change in getting a cocktail and wandering about. There are other businesses there. Once the decision (a bad one) was made to open access PI, no going back.
Belive me, the first time I heard of PI I said this will never work. Come on it's Disney. Was I wrong. Fell in love with AC, Comedy Club, 8Traks on my first visit,

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-23-2009, 10:59 PM
We were there last Sept when they closed PI. It was a sad day. I'd love to see them reopen the Comedy Club.

DizneyFreak2002
05-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Without getting in trouble again, I still wish to post that I heard AC, Motion and Sountstage are in use for private parties until September. the Adventurers Club is still supposed to be a part of the new Night Kingdom-Jungle Trek or what ever tey decide to call it. On a sad note, it will be geared to attract a specific group of people.

AC is allowed to be used for special bookings... Not sure about Motion and Soundstage since their lighting was removed and donated to a local theater group.... Night Kingdom/Jungle Trek idea is dead so no AC reopening there...

danimator
06-03-2009, 10:17 AM
I think this has been posted elsewhere, but I want to keep this thread alive in hopes of an announcement...

*paste*
No warrantees implied or given on this one. Simply a copy/paste from another forum.

Enjoy:

Big announcement from mark kohl

----------------------------------------------------------

My DW and I were on the Disney Magic the last 7 days and our guest speaker was Mark Kohl, Director of Resort Development, Walt Disney Imagineering.

Just some quick background....

The two lectures explored his career and the current projects going on throughout the world. There was nothing "NEW" in the presentations and during the Q&A he was unable to speak to the future projects at the resort. He is the big cheese of Downtown Disney and when asked about the Adventures Club he was as tight lipped as possible.

Here is a little gist of this part of the Q&A...

Women in the back: (Yelling) ADVENTURERs CLUB!!!!!! (No question, just statement)

MK: (Laughing, with a big grin on his face) Yes, the Adventurers Club. All I can say is there is going to be a huge announcement in 30 to 60 days. (Still Grinning)

Man in the back: What is the Adventurer's Club?

MK: My favorite club in Downtown Disney.

Women in the back: It looks like you could open the doors and walk right in, nothing has changed since it closed.

MK: Yep, All I can say is that there is going to be an announcement soon. (Still Grinning - Almost Uncontrollably)

End Scene

Does hope spring eternal?

Spectro is #1
06-04-2009, 10:14 PM
That sounds promising!
My suspicion is PI will join the trend of becoming a non Disney owned location. The new balloon ride is not owned or run by Disney. It is run by Aerophile.
Since the closing of Chef Mickey's at the Market Place all expansion of that area involves renting out space. The only Disney owned restaurant left is Cap'n Jack's. It looks as if Disney is more interested in being a landlord than taking a risk on oping up new entertainment venues.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I never really got the AC premise but had just started going to the Comedy Warehouse. I'd love to see that reopen.

Jack Skellington
12-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Any news on DTD/PI or Adventurer's Club?