PDA

View Full Version : October, November or December?

Basket Mommy
05-17-2009, 12:56 PM
We just got back from a trip to WDW (May 2-8) and want to go again in the fall/winter because we have some recently purchased resale points that will expire at the end of 2009 (they were 2008 points banked by the original owners).

I need help deciding whether to go in October (we've never been to MNSSHP), November or December (we've been twice during the first week and find it a bit more crowded than our favorite time of year to go: January).

I'd love to go in October or early November, but I've been told that the weather is still very warm (like what we just experienced in May.... low 90s!) December weather seems a little better, but there is the crowd issue (I know crowds in Dec. are not as bad as say, March, but for us they're a little high, esp. when they're filming the parade).

Has anyone been in both October/early November and early December? What are crowds like in Oct/Nov compared to December? If the weather is more like mid-80s and the crowds are low, I'd love to go in Oct/Nov. I just need to hear from people who have been there at that time of year.

Jeri Lynn
05-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Howdy!

I have been mid October, early November and early December.

In mid-October we experienced beautiful weather last year, a couple very warm days, but certainly not unbearable like the days I've experienced in September!! I think most days it was no higher than 85.

On our early November trip we actually had hotter whether on a couple days that we had in mid-October.

I've been to WDW a few times in early December, our very first trip we had very cold weather. The evenings were downright chilly, about 50 degree's...which being from New England it wouldn't seem that bad, but I was COLD!!

Our last few December trips were gorgeous, perfect for walking around the parks. The evenings required a light jacket or sweatshirt. We could swim but did not spend the time laying by the pool like we did in October.

The Halloween party is awesome, the Christmas party is too!! I think I have come to love the early part of December, it's wonderful hearing Christmas music wherever you go!!

I would say either time would be great!

Jeri Lynn
05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
I forgot to mention the crowds, for all of those months the crowds were not bad, the times are becoming popular but we really didn't experience any real long waits. You will find Epcot more crowded at night during the Wine and Food Festival, and the Magic Kingdom busy on the weekend they tape the Christmas Parade....which I believe is the first weekend in December.

spoiledraf
05-17-2009, 03:25 PM
October crowds and weather seem more predictable but the Christmas decorations may be the kicker. never been at Christmas but early october has been great!

PiratesCove
05-17-2009, 03:56 PM
One of the main times I like to go to WDW is the week before Thanksgiving. The Christmas Deco is up and the weather is great.

biodtl
05-17-2009, 10:20 PM
October is our favorite. The weather is great, the crowds are not bad at all, plus there are our favorite events - MNSSHP and the Food and Wine festival.

KAT1811
05-18-2009, 06:20 AM
We go early Noveber and love it. We used to go in September every year but for business reasons we can no longer travel that time of year. I thought I was going to hate November compared to September but I LOVE it! The weather is much better. No searing heat. We had beautiful mid 80s for most of our trip and a little cooler at the end of our trip, 70s. It was perfect for touring. No melting and dashing for the next ari conditioned attraction. The crowd are not bad, a bit busy in Epcot until the F&W Festival ends so if I had any suggestion regarding November wait until the F&W ends if you can. Other than that the parks were fabulously quiet during our trip. Maybe we'll see you there! :mickey:

Congrats on the DVC!

2lilboys
05-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Be aware that in NJ, ALL schools will be closed due to NJ teacher's convention on Thurs, 11/5 and Fri, 11/6. The schools in my district (and other districts around my county) are actually closed for Fall break during the entire 1st week of November this year (from 11/2 to 11/6). I know many NJ people who will be traveling to Disney during "Jersey week" and I have heard it can be more crowded than usual as a result.
You may want to avoid that week if you have other options. We are planning a trip for November, but I am waiting until the 2nd or 3rd week instead.:thumbsup: