PDA

View Full Version : checking in to resort?

jane52
05-16-2009, 11:30 PM
We will be arriving on September 26th in the late afternoon at POFQ. My daughter and son-in- law will arrive later that evening. Can we check everyone in at the same time when I get there, or will they have to check in separately? I made the reservation in my name for 2 rooms, but their name obviously is included for one of the rooms. Thanks for the info!

disnewbie
05-17-2009, 12:31 AM
If the ressies are in your name, then yes, you should be able to check everyone in at the same time (obtain room keys, hoppers, etc.). Food for thought... If your daughter and son in law will be using room charging privileges, they will need to present their ID and their personal credit/debit card in person to set that up. Hope that helps ~ :mickey:

spoiledraf
05-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Actually I'm thinking not. I billed three rooms to my name but the reservation is in my sons and daughters name and they have to check in individually. A quick call to the desk would be an easier, more accurate answer.

I believe they have to see IDs before issuing room keys.

Strmchsr
05-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Whoever's name is on the room must be the one to check in.

TheRustyScupper
05-17-2009, 08:58 AM
LOTS OF CONFUSION, HERE.

1) Anyone over-18 listed on the ressie can check-in the entire group.
2) The others do not have to be there.
. . . the person checking-in shows their ID
. . . if room charging is desired, they put down credit/debit card or cash
. . . the keys of others can be left at Front Desk for absentees to pick up
. . . or, the person can take all the keys with them at check-in time
. . . all the keys can have or not have charging privileges
3) Only one person needs to show ID to check-in, regardless of charging rights.
4) However, others need o show an ID to pick up their keys if left at Front Desk.

NOTE: If the group is on Free Dining, each may be required to go to Front Desk to have DDP added. Too many phantom family members try to get free dining, so showing up in-person is required. (However, some CM's let this pass.)

MicMouse
05-17-2009, 09:58 AM
We checked my in-laws into the Poly, even though they weren't arriving for several hours after we checked in. The CM even gave us their keys.

There was no problem at all. The only thing my inlaws had to do when they got there, was put their credit card on file for charging.

Strmchsr
05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
It seems the confusion may be from the reservation issue.

A couple of weeks ago my family and my DM went. I couldn't check her in, but she had her own reservation even though our rooms were connected. So, I think the big deal is that you can check in anyone on the same reservation, but not if they are on a separate reservation.

MicMouse
05-17-2009, 02:34 PM
My in-laws had a separate reservation from us, made weeks after we booked our trip, but we were still able to check them in. They were even able to put us in connecting rooms.

We stayed Poly Club Level, so maybe that makes a difference. Also, we checked in at 7:30 am, so that may have played into it also...

spoiledraf
05-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Even though I'm paying the bill for all reservations I had to put my sons and daughters rooms in as seperate reservations. But I can still register them all. But it seems if you can't use your key for food and I assume park entry until you check in and show ID yourself, it's not much use to do so.