PDA

View Full Version : Money saving ticket idea!

casey@bat
05-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Instead of buying a 7 day park hopper for $278.00, buy a 10 day regular ticket for $237.00. On 4 of the days stay in one park all day and don't park hop. On three of the days start out in one park and then go to another park and use another day on your ticket.

Will they let you use 2 days on the same day?

This will save my family of five $205!

Melanie
05-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Instead of buying a 7 day park hopper for $278.00, buy a 10 day regular ticket for $237.00. On 4 of the days stay in one park all day and don't park hop. On three of the days start out in one park and then go to another park and use another day on your ticket.

Will they let you use 2 days on the same day?

The answer is no. You cannot use 2 days on the same day in order to 'park hop'. You must purchase the park hopper option for that.

mom2mickeyfan
05-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Disney knew what they were doing...if you could do this everyone would just add extra days at a much lesser cost than park hopper. Why would anyone buy the park hopper option? Extra days only cost a few dollars each.

No way around it, if you want to visit more than one park a day, you have to purchase the park hopping option.

Well...I guess you could buy 2 single day tickets which would cost more than the park hopping option.

Disney wants that $205 from you. :mickey:

gerald72
05-16-2009, 11:36 PM
No.

DizneyRox
05-17-2009, 08:20 AM
The turnstyle CM will direct you to guest services where you will need to add park hopping. While you are there, think about adding no expiration as well, since those three days will now expire after 14 days from the first use of the ticket.

Instead of saving $205, you just ended up costing yourself $1047.95 potentially to take full advantage of the ticket (based on 5 adult tickets).

BTW - Your ticket prices are off or they don't include tax. Make sure you include Florida Tax of 6.5% (I believe)

TheRustyScupper
05-17-2009, 08:34 AM

1) Now, why would WDW let you save $205?
2) You MUST buy the Park Hopper option to park hop.
3) They already thought about the your savings.
. . . extra days cost $2 each
. . . park hop option costs $50
. . . more revenue to charge for hopping
. . . so computer won't let you use two days in order to hop

deedeenmickey
05-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Nice try though!!! Back to the drawing board...:thumbsup:

Mrs Bus Driver
05-17-2009, 11:14 AM
On my last trip I knew I would return someday, just not when. Since it was a 5 day trip I bought everything, 10 day park hopper, water parks and more, non expiring. Why would I spend so much? I still have 5 park hopping days left, 10 water park options and they will never expire. I will most likely take years to use all the water park options but I won't have to buy them again at least not for a long time. As for the 5 days well I was going to use them for my up coming trip in Oct but DH is retired military and can get his ticket free and ours for $124 w/hopper option. So I will save the ticket I already have. And just to make things more fun because I bought a package we each end up with a 1 day ticket that can be used toward a future purchase in other words an $80 discount. I know this is a little long winded but my point is by biting the bullet and buying everything up front I will save money on future trips. And I always look for deals which is why I'm saving my non expiring for later. It is the only way to really save and I am not cheating the system. Hope this helps :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Good try!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::mickey:

Camping Mom
05-17-2009, 07:12 PM
My husband and I have thought about buying an annual pass if we knew we were going to be back to Florida within a year. We never did and now our son is a CM and we have more reasons than ever to go to Florida. :mickey: We just wanted to save as much money as we could if we were making multiple trips and an annual may be what works for us...or buy 10 days and pay the extra for the no expiration to use again.

brownie
05-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Nice try, but without park hopping you can only enter one park per day. Go with the park hopping.

casey@bat
05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
We are going to buy a 7 day regular ticket and not park hop. We usually get the hopper and maybe hop 2 days. I think we got it just in case we wanted to park hop.

And we are not getting the no expiration. I found out last time we were there that you could add that if you had days left on your ticket. We used all our days and did not add it. That saved a lot of money. And knowing that we could add it if we needed to made us feel better. Maybe this has not changed!

Daisy'sMom
05-25-2009, 10:04 AM
My husband and I have thought about buying an annual pass if we knew we were going to be back to Florida within a year. We never did and now our son is a CM and we have more reasons than ever to go to Florida. :mickey: We just wanted to save as much money as we could if we were making multiple trips and an annual may be what works for us...or buy 10 days and pay the extra for the no expiration to use again.

Well, will you be staying at WDW? If not, having the annual pass will save you money for parking. That adds up. What is it now, $12 to park? :mickey:

kbean
05-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Cruel!!! I was excited there for a minute. Then everybody had to ruin it with a .......NO.