PDA

View Full Version : Photopass CD ~ 30 Days to use borders?

disnewbie
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi there~ New poster~ Long time reader~ Curious about how the PhotoPass CD prepurchase works... Do we get the CD at the park before we leave? Or do I do this all online once we're home and have all of our card numbers?

I guess my confusion is with the "30 days" to view deal... Does that apply to the Photopass CD? Meaning that I will only have 30 days to "play around" with borders, etc. before I loose the privilege? :confused:

I've noticed that there is a ton of helpful info online... I hope I haven't overlooked these answers. I think I'm overwhelmed. :blush:

Thank you, thank you!

Winniehoney
05-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I also have a question about the photopass cd, if anyone can help. If you preorder the cd and come home and play with adding borders and things, does the original picture stay and then it adds the picture with the border? Or do you just have the one picture with what ever you added? Thanks for any help!

g8rgirl29
05-16-2009, 08:57 PM
You only have 30 days to do your viewing and editing. Yes the original picture will remain. If I remember correctly you choose "save as copy" and you can keep the original. You can also choose several different borders for that pic and also cropping.

It'sWDW4me
05-16-2009, 09:20 PM
You only have 30 days to do your viewing and editing. Yes the original picture will remain. If I remember correctly you choose "save as copy" and you can keep the original. You can also choose several different borders for that pic and also cropping.

I've only played with photopass one time and I do remember that the original picture was still there after I added borders and titles and did some cropping (it's probable that i did chose to "save as copy"). I think you have only the 30 days to do all of this plus order your cd because the pictures are completely gone after 30 days.

Good luck and have a fantastic trip!!!

gerald72
05-16-2009, 09:54 PM
You only have 30 days to play with the pics. I don't know when the clock starts ticking, probably the day you check out.
But whatever changes you make, it keeps the new pic and the original pic. I started with about 250 pics, and with the borders ended up with over 300. Don't worry about having too many pics; you'll just get additional CDs. Each hold about 300? pics.
No, you don't get the CD before you leave. It will arrive in the mail once you have made your alterantions.
Have fun!

Zippy 1
05-16-2009, 09:57 PM
When I got home I played with the pictures we had done on photopass. I added borders and autographs. I did not order the CD until the last day I had available. My CD included the original pictures taken on photopass plus all the pictures I had added things to. It was great. We did Christmas gifts with different pictures. Some of the pictures we ordered threw photopass others we printed after we received the CD. I would do it all again!! These are memories that include all of us - no one missing (the one taking the photo) I do wish they would let you add the pictures taken on the rides.

dmosher
05-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I think we will be doing this for the first time this year, including the pre=order. hope it is worth it for us! Now I just need to get in shape for the pics!
:pipeS:
D

dmosher
05-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I do wish they would let you add the pictures taken on the rides.

At least you can on Test Track! That is a start. Once the contracts are up with the current company, Disney has said they will consider moving all pics to the CD's.
:pipes:
D

disnewbie
05-17-2009, 12:14 AM
You only have 30 days to play with the pics. I don't know when the clock starts ticking, probably the day you check out.
But whatever changes you make, it keeps the new pic and the original pic. I started with about 250 pics, and with the borders ended up with over 300. Don't worry about having too many pics; you'll just get additional CDs. Each hold about 300? pics.
No, you don't get the CD before you leave. It will arrive in the mail once you have made your alterantions.
Have fun!

*Thanks so much*

Let me see if I've got this right...

I preorder the CD before we arrive in WDW.
I upload my PP card numbers when we return home.
I have 30 days from that day (the day I upload #s) to play with borders.
A CD, containing all of the photos related to the PP# I enter will be mailed to me.
I can print additional photos from the CD (ie. upload to my local store and pick up) I receive.
There is no limit to the number of photos (additional CD's will be sent to accomodate the number of pics).

Thanks so much for your help ~ ;)

dmosher
05-17-2009, 12:31 AM
*Thanks so much*

Let me see if I've got this right...

I preorder the CD before we arrive in WDW.
I upload my PP card numbers when we return home.
I have 30 days from that day (the day I upload #s) to play with borders.
A CD, containing all of the photos related to the PP# I enter will be mailed to me.
I can print additional photos from the CD (ie. upload to my local store and pick up) I receive.
There is no limit to the number of photos (additional CD's will be sent to accomodate the number of pics).

Thanks so much for your help ~ ;)

Yep that's right!
:pipes:
D

gerald72
05-17-2009, 05:14 AM
I think you got it!!

You will also have the option of using the photopass photos to make scrapbooks, and all sorts of other things. Don't you love how Disney has figured out how to get money out of you even after you get home???

Winniehoney
05-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Thank you to everyone for all the great info.

Winniehoney
05-18-2009, 09:20 PM
One more question, does anyone know how long it takes to get the cd once you order it from home?

TheVBs
05-18-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm about to order my cd as well. I noticed there's a black and white option. I'm going to play around with it, I love b&w, but it's hard to imagine any Disney photo in b&w. Has anyone ever used this and liked the results? If so, what was the picture?