PDA

View Full Version : Help Planning Trip

eeyorerocks
05-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi all - I've been a member for a while but usually just lurk around - things have been crazy and I didn't think we'd get back to the World for a while yet - but we have decided on a last minute trip and leave in 25 days :mickey:

We've always stayed on property and stayed away from the park with EMH. Having said that, we are staying off property (excited but yet leary) because DH & 2 DS want to take advantage of some other Orlando attactions. We will have a car and the hotel we're staying at participates in EMH.

In the past we have been that family who was up at the crack of dawn, eating breakfast and being at the parks for RD and staying until dinner and then back to the resort for some swimming, unwinding and early to bed. 2 DS are older now and want to be at the parks later - so here is what we're thinking:

Go to a non-EMH hotel in the morning, taking a mid-afternoon break and then heading over to the park with EMH after dinner - is this doable or are the parks with EMH just as crowded in the evening.

Another suggestion from DH is hitting MK for a late EM hour and then "sleeping in" and going to AK around 11 or so the next day and taking advantage of their EM hours?

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

BluewaterBrad
05-16-2009, 04:03 PM
What hotel?
:mickey:

eeyorerocks
05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
We're staying at Hilton DTD.

Beast_fanatic
05-17-2009, 12:41 AM
By mid-June, summer crowds will be building, and it will be relatively crowded. I have not been at this time, but from what I've read, the evening extra magic hours do tend to be pretty crowded during the summer. Hopefully someone with first hand knowledge will be along soon.

Harriet
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
If it is the 1st week in June you should be fine after that it will start to get very crowed. I have been in June and always do the first week otherwise I prefer the 1st week in December myself as I love the holiday season. Just plan according to the season. Do rope drop and leave the park by early afternoon. Evening ENH are very crowed during the summer months I would avoid them.

Mickey's Pals
05-19-2009, 10:47 AM
My parents and I stayed at Saratoga Springs last October. I am now older so we decided to sleep late, have a leisurely breakfast and continue on to the parks around 11-12 everyday and it was quite wonderful. We found that as we were arriving people were getting lunch and lines were shorter. We didn't stick to the EMH schedule like we normally do, what we did do however was make our dining reservations at the park with the EMH (we had the dining plan). That way we could eat dinner and stay at the park until closing.

Have a great time on your trip!

eeyorerocks
05-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks everyone - we're still tossing the idea of EMH around - I guess we'll play it by ear when we get there. Maybe we'll try it one night and if it's too crowded we'll just leave and chalk it up to experience :thumbsup: