PDA

View Full Version : How long of a wait?

Tink33333
05-16-2009, 02:51 PM
We have ressies for Dinner at O'hana's at 9:50, which works out great for us, but I was wondering...I know we'll have to wait when we get there (we have a party of 7) do they give you one of those light up things to call you when your table is ready? And if they do, can we go somewhere to see Wishes while we wait without going too far out of range?:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-16-2009, 03:38 PM
I know they have the buzzeres.
I dont know the range................but its Disney...i am sure u will not have a problem. Have fun!!:mickey:

mdhiggin
05-16-2009, 04:06 PM
We had a party of 10 and didn't wait long at all. All of our party had to be there before we were seated, though.

the other micki
05-16-2009, 04:59 PM
They do give you buzzers, but it states on the buzzer to stay on the 2nd floor of the Polynesian in order for it to work when they call you.

Hope this helps!

tink179
05-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Right behind the podium where you check in is a lounge kinda area and you'll see the big windows right there to the left of the podium. You can see wishes from there, but when we saw them they didn't play the music in the lounge. That was our 08' trip. Last trip in January 09' we got seated in the restaurant before wishes and they dimmed the lights and played the music in there.

buzznwoodysmom
05-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Right behind the podium where you check in is a lounge kinda area and you'll see the big windows right there to the left of the podium. You can see wishes from there, but when we saw them they didn't play the music in the lounge. That was our 08' trip. Last trip in January 09' we got seated in the restaurant before wishes and they dimmed the lights and played the music in there.

Last time we were at Ohana's those windows in the lounge area were covered up. You couldn't see out of them.

We've had reservations after 9pm once and had a party of 5. We were seated almost immediately and the place was very quiet, not at all packed. I think going as late as you are you won't have an incredibly long wait.

dancin Disney style
05-17-2009, 05:50 PM
At that time of night I doubt you will wait at all for a table.

TheRustyScupper
05-18-2009, 08:22 AM
1) If this is a 10:00pm Wishes night, don't count on a table soon.
2) At least not until Wishes is over.
3) Other people will want to stay at the table until after Wishes.
4) If you want to see Wishes, make the ressie 1-1½ hrs ahead of Wishes.

NOTE: You cannot go beyond the 2nd floor with the beepers. They don't work beyond that point. From outside restaurant, there is no view of Wishes while waiting for your ADR.

buzznwoodysmom
05-25-2009, 11:54 PM
1) If this is a 10:00pm Wishes night, don't count on a table soon.
[/I]

Actually last June we had a reservation at around 9 or 9:30 pm and Wishes was at 10 pm that night and the place was not packed at all. We did not get a table at the window, but were seated within about 5-10 minutes of arriving. It was very quiet and even the kids activities were no longer going on. We did get to hear wishes and see if for a bit by getting up and going towards the window.