PDA

View Full Version : What Time of Year...

DisneyFr33k
05-16-2009, 02:11 PM
do the repositioning cruises take place?

When is the next one?

Ed
05-16-2009, 04:39 PM
The only "repositioning" cruises that DCL does are when one of the ships relocates to California (via the Panama Canal) or to the Mediterranean (Transatlantic). Normally, both ships operate out of Port Canaveral year-round.

At the moment, I don't believe there are any California trips planned until May of 2011 when the Wonder moves to Cali permanently.

The Magic will be transitioning to Europe in April of 2010, returning in September 2010.

DisneyFr33k
05-16-2009, 04:52 PM
At the moment, I don't believe there are any California trips planned until May of 2011 when the Wonder moves to Cali permanently.

I knew that they were not routinely scheduled, but didn't know if they reposition the same time of year when they do it (i.e. May).

When will they begin booking for the 2011 repositioning or have they already? I know it books up within hours.

Thanks!

Ed
05-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I knew that they were not routinely scheduled, but didn't know if they reposition the same time of year when they do it (i.e. May).

When will they begin booking for the 2011 repositioning or have they already? I know it books up within hours.

Thanks!

On the relatively rare occasions when one of the ships has moved to Cali, it has been in the spring, returning to Port Canaveral in late summer.

I don't believe they've started booking for the 2011 relocation. The actual date for the cruise probably won't be set until there is a firm date for the arrival in Florida of the first new ship, Disney Dream. Once that date is determined, they'll start taking ressies for the FL-CA cruise. Personally, I wouldn't expect that to happen until around this time next year.

DisneyFr33k
05-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Thank you! Roughly, do you know how much a repositioning cruise could cost? We are used to deluxe inside stateroom - 1st floor.

Ed
05-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Offhand, no. But they are generally 14 night cruises, so as a rough rule-of-thumb you could probably estimate it at twice the cost of a 7-nighter.

Donald_Quackers
05-18-2009, 09:49 AM
I've put my name on a waitlist that my TA is recording to book the cruise. This is going to be a cool cruise!

Ed
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I've put my name on a waitlist that my TA is recording to book the cruise. This is going to be a cool cruise!

Which one? Cali, Transatlantic 2010, or new ship delivery?? :shrug: