PDA

View Full Version : The girls tackle Disney World...Pre-Trip

Yvette
05-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Never done a trip report before, but since I enjoy reading them between trips for a fix, I thought I'd give one a try:

Cast of Characters:

The girls:

Me: Mom, forty something educator working for the Veteran's Administration. Disney Addict.

Lo: 25, DD newlywed to the Russian. My princess and love of my life. :princess: Currently between jobs while she "finds" herself. Disney Addict as well. Hasn't been in several years.

The Russian: Lo's new husband. Ist time at WDW. Doesn't get it. We hope he will get it soon! :mickey:

The SgtMaj: DH and DD's father. Retired SgtMaj of the Marine Corps. While he is not coming on this trip, he is funding it so deserves an honorable mention. ;)

Background:

Standing on Podium: I am a Disney Addict. I have always loved Disney, even before it was cool to do so. I faithfully watched the World of Disney as a kid and BEGGED my parents to take us to Disneyland. Never happened.

Fast forward to me as a brand new United States Marine (pre WDW days). Luckily the MC sent me to Camp Pendleton for Admin school and you better believe this card carrying Disney Addict was at Disneyland the first liberty they gave us! I went with a great group of fellow Marines, all wearing our MC t-shirts and soaking up all the Mickey Love we could get! DL was all I had hoped for and I couldn't get enough. :thumbsup: I am the skinny baby on the right. Seriously, were we ever really that young?

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/yvetteskroko/232323232fp6_nu3232_46_969_232346_5.jpg

When DH and I finally had our Honeymoon a few years later, of course we went to WDW!!! :party: DD was conceived on that trip. :cloud9: And no, not on a ride...mind out of the gutter folks.

When DH was later stationed at Camp Pendleton, of course we bought AP's. Every chance we got we were at DL. :mickey:

Now after numerous trips to the World we timetravel to 2009. Lo and the Russian were married in September and just now can go on a Honeymoon. Lo and I leave tomorrow to visit family (my baby sister has a new daughter) and then we go to WDW after. The Russian is meeting us on my last day and will experience WDW with Lo when I leave.

Lo and I are staying at CSR on Memorial Day and then switch to the Poly the next morning!
Woo Hoo! I chose the Poly for the kids since in my humble opinion it is the most romantic of the resorts, and I am hoping a grandchild is somewhere in my future. ;)

And away we go!

midgetpepper
05-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I love to hear all these Disney stories!

Gotta LOVE that picture! ;)

HAVE FUN at WDW! (And good luck on the grandbaby :laughing: )

BluewaterBrad
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Cool pic!! Have a Great time!!:mickey:

SBETigg
05-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Love the backstory! Great picture, very cute. A salute to the SgtMaj for funding, what a guy! Sounds like a great plan, and good luck on the grandkids. ;)

faline
05-16-2009, 05:43 PM
I, too, grew up wanting to go to Disneyland which never happened when I was a child!

Very fun introduction to your trip!

Yvette
05-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys! We have been planning this trip since September and can't wait. :cloud9:

thejens
05-16-2009, 09:30 PM
I love your story and look forward to your trip report! What could be more magical than being conceived in WDL and honeymooning in WDW?!!!

yjgirl32
05-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Great pre-trip report. I hope you have a great time.

vizsla
05-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Have a great time.

mouseketeer mom
05-19-2009, 06:33 AM
A wonderful pre trip report! Love how you call DD's husband The Russian. Funny. Have a fantastic time!!!

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
What a cute trip report! Have a wonderful time and I'm sure you and Lo will convert the Russian to a full fledged, card carrying Disney Addict like the rest of us!

RocknBev
05-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Great pre-trip report.
If grandbaby is conceived at WDW....name choices do abound but you will have to convert the Russian...I guess.

Of course everyone loves...."Walt" if it is a boy;)

RedSoxFan
05-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Have a Magical Vacation.:mickey:

Yvette
05-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys for the well wishes. We're in Palm Beach now visiting my new niece and go to Key West tomorrow.

Of course we have scattered T-Storms, but I refuse to let it keep us down!

5 'till WDW!! :mickey: