PDA

View Full Version : The Japenese Resturant

ransam
05-16-2009, 03:28 AM
I'm sorry i can't remember the name of it.
but my family loves Japenese resturants and the whole show the cooks give while cooking your food in front of you,.
has anyone ever gone to the one at Epcot? Is the food good? is t here any special show that the cooks put on?
thank for any information on it.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Teppan-Edo in Epcot is basically the same as a Beni-Hana's, except that they throw a few Disney themed ideas in. It's fun and has a very similar menu. you'll enjoy it if you like Beni-hana's. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2009, 06:24 AM
1) Teppan Edo does the "show" while preparing food.
. . . the "show" is OK
. . . the food is standard for hibachi-style cooking
2) Overall, it is a good meal.
3) WDW is good at comfort food, and Teppan Edo is no exception.

disneygirlie11
05-16-2009, 11:39 AM
It's our favorite restaurant at disney!

TheVBs
05-16-2009, 12:25 PM
We just ate there for the first time on our last trip and it was wonderful! Other than cooking in front of us, I don't think we saw much of a show. It sounded like there may have been one or two chefs that really put on a show, but it was still fantastic!

PixieMagic
05-16-2009, 02:50 PM
We love it! If you are into that type of restaurant or just trying something new, GO FOR IT! We eat there at least twice each trip!

IfUHadWings
05-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I was dissappointed. Our chef did not have much personality. Also, our 4 yr old was disappointed that the childs meal was not prepared in front of him. The childrens meals are brought out prepared in a cool monorail shaped plate. Food was good. I have had more enjoyable experiences at this style of dinning in my local town.

Hey, all the other posts seem to love it. Give it a try!:mickey:

badkitty
05-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I enjoyed my experience at Teppan-Edo. The "show" was fun and the food was very good. The meal did take quite a bit of time though.

dmosher
05-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Teppan-Edo is a good show/eating experience. Lots of fun and tasty. Be warned though, it does take some time for the food to be prepared and it is done in a very "showy" atmosphere so if you are really hungry or have issues with watching your food being prepared (germ phobias, etc) it will be a tough show for you. I recommend not showing up on an already grumbling stomach. The smells alone will kill you with hunger before the food is ready.
:pipes:
D

TheVBs
05-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I was dissappointed. Our chef did not have much personality. Also, our 4 yr old was disappointed that the childs meal was not prepared in front of him. The childrens meals are brought out prepared in a cool monorail shaped plate. Food was good. I have had more enjoyable experiences at this style of dinning in my local town.

Hey, all the other posts seem to love it. Give it a try!:mickey:

Maybe they've changed this. Our girls both had their meals prepared in front of them, and they were off the kids menu.

biodtl
05-18-2009, 08:55 AM
We go once each trip. The kids love watching the chef and I love that the kids are eating something healthier than chicken nuggets and fries.

Also, our 4 yr old was disappointed that the child meal was not prepared in front of him. The childrens meals are brought out prepared in a cool monorail shaped plate.
What did your son order? My kids have always had their meals prepared table-side.

cfoshe
05-18-2009, 12:25 PM
It was fun and good, just a little over price for me. But now its on the DP, so we will be eating there in July.