PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to go home... Day 4 & final thoughts

gauvin4
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Cast
Rick-DH42 (Ever so patient with his Disney obsessed wife)
Marissa-DD17 (our soon to be High School Graduate)
Kyle-DS15 (Just turned 15 the week before)
Debbie-Me (Will find any excuse to plan a trip to Disney

Day 4-Today we are headed to Blizzard Beach. We have been to Typhoon Lagoon a few times so the kids wanted to go to Blizzard Beach this time. DS cannot wait to try Summit Plummet. Todays highs were to be about 95 degrees. It's not even 10am and it is already hot. We arrive about ten minutes before opening, rent a locker and wait for opening. There seems to be alot of people today. With the weather what it was and it being a Saturday, I'm sure a lot of locals were there too. When they let the masses in we were able to snag some chairs in the shade near the wave pool. I notice that this park seems to have a lot more shaded areas than TL. We needed that shade today.

DH & DS head straight for Summit Plummet. DS really wants me to go on it too, but you have to understand that I am not that brave or crazy, however you wish to see it. So DD and I head for Teamboat Springs for a more mellow ride. We were paired up with a local woman and her son. We had a nice ride. Next DD and I headed for Cross Country Creek and enjoyed a nice leisurely tube ride around the park.

Okay, so this is where I do something very foolish. DD and I are walking along trying to figure out which way to go to get to Runoff Rapids when I took a step and drove my toes into the concrete edging of the flower bed and fell down. Yes, I fell down in front of everyone!! :blush: In a flash I was back on my feet because I do not want anyone coming to my rescue. DD is very concerned but I assure her I am fine. And truely I was fine other than a scraped knee and a toe that I swear I broke. It does end up bothering me at quite a bit the rest of the day. It ended up swelling and turning purple. It has been almost a week andt that toe is still bothering me today.

Anyway, back to the day. We meet up with the boys and do Toboggan Racers. This was alot of fun. We split up again and DD and I head to do Double Dippers and Runoff Rapids. The boys went on Cross Country Creek. We meet back at the chairs and the boys have a story for us. While they were floating on the Creek it had to be stopped for five minutes because they had to remove a snake!!! Yes, I said SNAKE! That was enough for DD to hear and she did not return to the creek the rest of the day.

We had some lunch at Lottawatta Lodge. We then spent some time in the wave pool and laying in the sun. DS son headed back for Summit Plummet and DH and I went to Cross Country Creek. No snake this time. At about 3pm we headed back to POFQ.

After showers and a little packing we walk up to POR to have dinner. POR food court has a larger selection of food than POFQ. We have a nice meal, DH & DS head for the arcade. DD & I glace through the gift shop. I pick up a few things for my parents who are watching the dogs. I have to tell you I have been very controlled with my spending this trip. My husband is very impressed with my restraint. It also helped that I really didn't see alot that I "had to have".

Back at the room I finish all the packing that can be done at this time. We have to meet ME bus at 3:10 tomorrow morning for our flight home. DD asks if we can do what they do in the Southwest commercials and "just stay one more day". Well come to find out we may be staying longer than that since I can't find the confirmation for our flights home. :confused: I have no idea where I put them. I go to concierge and they give me the # to jetblue. They tell us to go to the ticket counter in the morning and show our Id's and they will print boarding passes for us. :whew: Disaster averted.

We take another stroll around the resort, get ice cream at the food court and enjoy our last moments of the vacation before hitting the hay. We want to soak up as much nice weather as we can since it is supose to be showery and cool when we get home.

Final Thoughts:
We love POFQ. We love the boat to DtD. No matter which building you stay in you are never to far away from the main building or pool.

We did encounter a rude bus driver one evening. When we went to the POR bus stop there were three guests in scooters or wheel chairs waiting. He told them they had to wait for the next bus because the bus was already full. The bus wasn't full. One member of their party was very upset because this was the third bus that had come and they kept getting told wait for the next bus. Even though there were people sitting in the seats that get folded up for wheel chairs there was still plenty of room on the bus. He kept telling her there was no room. Well she said to him that it is clearly marked priority seating and they should give up there seats. The people were more than willing to give up the seats. So he loaded the wheel chairs. (one person was able to get out of the wheel chair and sit, someone held the chair) It seemed like he just didn't want to deal with loading them. That bothered me and my family alot. I even took down his name, the time and bus # so I could file a complaint. I didn't do it but thats how upset I was about it. Other than that I have nothing else to crab about.

Even though we didn't go into very many parks we had a great time. It was nice to go at a more relaxed pace this time. Our goal this trip was to just be together as a family and enjoy each other. With Marissa graduating soon and Kyle being so involved with sports I'm sure we won't have to many more opportuninties to just be together. We had a great vacation and the memories will last forever.

Thanks for reading.

deedeenmickey
05-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a great trip! I will be at POFQ in 19 days!!! Can't wait!:mickey::thumbsup:

DizNee143
05-15-2009, 12:26 PM
sounds like you and your family had a really nice vacation! thank you so much for sharing it with us!! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-16-2009, 11:23 AM
I have enjoyed your reports!:mickey:

faline
05-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Other than the hurt toe, sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing!

PrettyMinnie
05-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the report! :minnie:

Live4WDW
05-17-2009, 08:29 AM
:mickey: Great report! Thanks for sharing.

yjgirl32
05-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
05-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the reports!

A wonderful trip of family time together!

I agree the POFQ is beautiful!!

I enjoyed reading your adventures.

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: