PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness

AuntKari
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
We are dining at Whispering Canyon and then we need the fastest route to Fort Wilderness for a booked carriage ride. Should we drive our car (it will be in the Wilderbness lodge parking lot) or walk or is there a boat (we are not staying at a Disney resort so I do not know if we can use their transport). After the carriage ride and water pageant how will we get back to our car if we leave it at the Wilderness Lodge?Thank you, Aunt Kari

joelkfla
05-14-2009, 11:50 PM
There is a boat that runs from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness. It operates until 11:30 p.m.

On the way back, the boat runs from FW to the Contemporary, and then to Wilderness Lodge.

There is also bus service between the two resorts.

WDW transportation is free to all -- no resort ID is needed.

tjstrike
05-15-2009, 04:51 AM
The bus is the best way, there's only one stop on each end so it runs fairly quick. If I remeber right, when you get off the bus, you walk down towards the hoop-dee-doo / beach and that's where the carriage ride is at.

playdead88
05-15-2009, 06:05 AM
we went by boat - we absolutely loved the boat transportation at WL :thumbsup: the only time we used buses was to go to DHS and AK - the rest of the time we took a boat to either MK, ft. wilderness or to the CR and hopped a monorail to epcot :mickey:

2lilboys
05-15-2009, 06:18 AM
There is a very pleasant, paved walking trail between the 2 resorts. We spotted a family of deer and other wildlife and it was a very nice walk. But it is about 3/4 mile so that is not the fastest route you could take. I think it would also be pretty dark to walk back to WL on the trail (I didn't notice lights). I would take either the bus or boat between the 2 resorts since you need to get there fast.