PDA

View Full Version : Dining that'll impress a 4 year old

cherbie66
05-14-2009, 09:36 PM
We will be in Disney for a week in Sept with my 4 year old daughter. We have the free dining, so I am interested in some suggestions for table service meals. I'm way more interested in theming that will make my daughter (and the kid in me) excited than the food. One day we will do a meal with the princesses, but everything else is pretty up in the air. I'm thinking maybe Sci Fi. What other fun and interesting resturants are there?

PixieMagic
05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Teppan Edo and OHana!

Teppan Edo - Although it is in the Japan pavilion, the food is your normal steak shrimp and chicken - no exotic sauces unless you choose to dip it! Also, the entertainment provided by the Teppan chef AMAZES children! I used to work at a Hibachi restaurant and kids are GLUED to the chefs show!

OHana - family style meal with great food (many choices) and they have fun games and activities for the kids to run around and do during dinner (such as a race sweeping coconuts through a course around the restaurant!) plus you can catch the EWP afterwards!

Hope this helps!

jensantuit
05-14-2009, 09:58 PM
I would suggest Donald's Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. Also this past September we ate at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for the first time for breakfast and loved it. We are going back this coming September and are probably going to go again and maybe try dinner this time. :mickey:

Mousemates
05-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Crystal Palace...food choices plus Winnie the pooh plus location near castle makes its a winner with kids.

Rainforest Cafe at AK OR DTD - kids love it, love it love it.

Whispering Canyon can also be lots of fun...especially if you get a table where you are more in the middle of the action....also free refills on milkshakes.

For a counter service meal I would for sure eat in one of the Small World view window seats at the Pinochio/Village Haus Restaurant in Fantasyland

Tigerinvestigator
05-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Garden Grill- Lots of one on one time with Mickey, Pluto, and Chip & Dale. The floor revolves while you eat and gives you a great view of the Living with the Land Boatride!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-14-2009, 11:06 PM
She'll love 'Ohana. Pick her up a lei and a grass skirt, and she'll never forget it. It's great for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch and even better for dinner, though no characters. My kids were really impressed with San Angel Inn. They love the food (though the food isn't always a hit in reviews) and they couldn't get over the volcano.

gaffz70
05-15-2009, 07:20 AM
My kids favorites:
#1 Garden Grill - rotates around the lands, great food, lots of good quality time w/ Mickey,Pluto, Chip & Dale
#2 Whispering Canyon - get kids involved
#3 Hoop D Doo Review
#4 Crystal Palace - Pooh,Tigger etc - kids parade around

Nicki'sMom
05-15-2009, 07:28 AM
All the above suggestions are really good. I thought I would add the character breakfast at the Beach club. We loved the food and the character interaction. We also LOVED Chef Mickey's. 1900 Park Fare is another not to miss. Cinderella, the Prince, Step mother and step sisters. Make sure she wears her Cinderella dress!

scoot241
05-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm doing the exact same thing as you. I have Ohana, CRT (for her birthday if I can get it), and Chef Mickey's definitely planned so far.

andreallybadeggs
05-16-2009, 09:51 AM
If she's anything like my DD was at that age you'd better save the princesses for the end of the trip or add another princess meal. Definitely the high point for her although she loved all the other character interaction as well. 4 is the magic age to take a little one to WDW, I think. Have a great time!:mickey:

GoofyforFun
05-16-2009, 11:33 AM
We did the princess BF in Norway, you can get in before the park opens. Also CP in MK for BF, this allows for some great photos ops with the castle.
For the adult in us I like Chef Mickeys, interaction is great. My brother just got back and they loved the 50's prime time for the fun.

ledudes
05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I would say any of the princess meals (in the caste,Norway,or the Grand Floridian), The Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, Cape May character meal, The tea party with Alice at the Grand Floridian is neat, but only your daughter could go, My daughter really liked the Prime Time cafe because she liked the way they say elbows off the table and act like your mother and stuff. She also really likes WOlfgang Puck cafe becasue of the make your own dessert. The JoJo/Little Einstein lunch is fun if she is into those shows. I would say whatever characters she favors, pick the meals with them and then maybe some of the places with a fun atmosphere like SciFi.