lovewalt
05-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Cast of characters:
Me~ Holly aka lovewalt
DH~Corey
DD~Maura age 6
May 1-10 Pop Century Resort ~Magic Your Way Plan w/Quick Service Dining
Day 3 Sunday May 3, 2009
I had trouble sleeping (I work a night shift job) so I was up bright and early and ready to go by 6:00 am. With no EMH this morning it really wasn’t necessary to get up sp early but I have weird sleep patterns so whatta gonna do? Maura was the next one awake and she and I took mugs to the food court and used snack credits to buy bakery goodies for breakfast. We ate ours there in the food court and then prepared a bagel and a mug of coffee to take back to Corey. On our way back to the room we saw a Mama duck and her babies walking along the pathway outside the main building looking for crumbs and hand outs. We saw them nearly every morning. We also usually saw a rabbit outside our room .Maura always liked to be the first one out of the room to see what wildlife she spotted.
To our surprise we found Corey up and dressed when we got back to the room so he ate his breakfast and we headed out to the bus. We were headed to Magic Kingdom this morning. We got there well before park opening so we took our time walking from the bus stop checking out the ducks and other birds along the way. We still got through the gate with plenty of time to spare for the opening show.
After the opening we headed straight to Fantasyland .Well no so much straight since the castle stairs were roped off. Our first stop was Dumbo. Maura and I rode while Corey went off to get more bad coffee. I’m sorry but the coffee IS bad. I don’t complain about too much at WDW but I do wish they had better coffee! Corey doesn’t seem to mind the stuff though. After Dumbo we headed to Peter Pan which had a 20 min wait time posted but we really only waited about 10 minutes. Then we rode it’s a small world which was a walk on. Maura loves this ride and has since she was 11 months old. I always like to think how my grandfather would have been so proud that she loves this ride as much as he did. Whenever he visited WDW he HAD to ride Small World first. Whenever he heard that anyone else was going to WDW he would always tell them to be sure and ride it because it was the BEST ride there. So I like to think that his spirit is riding along with us and I always am sure to say a special hello to him whenever we ride it. After our boat ride around the world we headed over towards Pooh which had a 40 minute wait time posted. We decided to get a Fast Pass and it gave us a “surprise fast pass for Mickey’s Philharmagic. We decided to go ride the carousel first and then see PhilharMagic. We actually rode the carousel twice since there was no line, before we made our way in to see the 3-D antics of Donald Duck. Again, Maura complained that the 3-D glasses made her eyes itch. After a few minutes in the gift shop it was time for our Fast Pass window for Pooh so we climbed aboard our Honeypot and made our way through the 100 acre woods Maura loves the heffalumps and woozles part of this ride. Next it was time for a teacup ride. Last trip this was Maura’s favorite ride but this time she was content with just one ride on them. That was fine with me because it is NOT a favorite of mine! After we left the teacups (or staggered off them in my case) we headed over to Toon Town. Maura and I took a ride on Barnstormer which Maura proclaimed “the shortest roller coaster ever” and then we were off to see Mickey and Minnie’s houses and Maura played on Donald’s boat for a few minutes. By now it was nearing noon and the temp had to be nearing 90º. So we thought some lunch in the a/c was in order. We headed to Tomorrowland and got some burgers and fixings at Cosmic Ray’s. After lunch we rode Buzz Lightyear. It had a 20 minute wait time posted but it was much shorter than that. I will mention that we got one of those red cards to give to the CM at the front of the line to determine the wait times here. We also got one on Peter Pan and later in the day at Big Thunder. We decided to nickname ourselves “The Timekeepers”. Anyway, my score on Buzz is not noteworthy so I will not write it here. Or admit to it anywhere! After Buzz we wandered over to the Carousel of Progress. We walked on here and I was pleased to find the theater quite full. Maybe it was because Space Mountain and the TTA were closed. Or maybe it was because it was so hot outside that people wanted the sit down a/c break .But I like to think that maybe it was being appreciated for the wonderful attraction it really is. But I seemed to be the only one singing along enthusiastically to “Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” so I have my doubts. Our next stop was Stitch’s Great Escape. For some reason I still hadn’t seen this show since the changeover from Alien Encounter. Seems like something always came up to prevent us from seeing it and frankly, I wasn’t all the interested in it anyway .But today there was a 5 minute wait time and the draw of the a/c on this really hot day drew us in. Maura thought it was just great. Corey and I agreed that they really dumbed this attraction down from Alien Encounter. Oh well, it bought us some a/c time anyway. On to Monsters Laugh Floor. Maura was really hesitant to go in. As I mentioned before she is very shy. On our last trip they put her on camera during the show and she was terrified it would happen again. I told her that she had already been on so it wouldn’t be likely to happen again. I crossed my fingers and luckily we avoided any camera time. It was fun to watch the others they picked, including “that guy”. After the show we actually followed “that guy” back to the Hub where we crossed into Adventureland. The wait time for the Flying Carpets was only 10 minutes so we took a ride and then it was time for another a/c break in the Tiki Room. The Jungle Cruise had a 45 minute wait so we decided to check out the Pirates instead. It was a walk on. We had a woman behind us snapping flash pictures which was extremely annoying. So I turned and shot her my “mom look” and it actually worked, no more flashes! We headed on to Frontierland and found Splash Mountain had a 50 minute wait time so I got a Fast Pass and headed over to Big Thunder which was posted 20 but we walked right on. I wondered if I would have the same luck on Splash but no one was willing to accompany me and I didn’t want then sitting in the heat waiting for me if it really did take 50 minutes. In fact, the heat was really starting to get to us so we decided we would head towards Haunted Mansion and then call it quits for the day. I could ride Splash later in the week. We enjoyed our doombuggy ride. On our last trip Haunted Mansion was closed and it was fun to see the changes they made. After our ride we headed back down Main Street using the a/c in the gift shops as our route. People were lined up for the parade so the shops were the easiest way to get out anyway. We thought it was way too hot to sit and wait for the parade so we exited the park.

lovewalt
05-14-2009, 05:02 PM
We made the long walk to the bus stop and went back to the hotel. We found our Mousekeeper just entering our room so we grabbed our mugs and hung out in the food court until she had finished. She left us a little towel animal dog, which was the only one of our trip. We relaxed in our room for a bit and took a nap until dinnertime then we had another food court meal. I’m sorry I can’t remember these meals. We ate there pretty frequently so I can’t remember what we had on what day. After we ate, Maura and I headed over to DHS to see Fantasmic. Corey opted to stay in the room. We got there pretty early and found great seats in the Mickey section right in the center about 6 rows back. The seats were filling up quickly and Maura wanted a light up toy. There was a man with a cart down front but I didn’t want to give up our seats. So I told Maura she could walk down there by herself if she really wanted one. I wasn’t sure she really would being a shy kid, but the desire for the Minnie Mouse with the spinning light up skirt was strong enough for her to make the purchase by herself! I was very proud of her I almost cried and I think she was pretty proud of herself as well. About 20 minutes before the show a very pushy lady with a little boy squeezed herself in the row in front of us demanding everyone to “squeeze in” Ok ,that was fine, a little rude but they made room for her. Then she stood up and waved her hands and yelled “there’s room down here” so her husband joined them and again the “move over, squeeze in” demands started which put them directly in front of us. Soon I heard her on her cell phone telling other members of her party where they were and that they should come on down because she was sure they could “squeeze in”. Sure enough 4 more people showed up and there really wasn’t room for them to “squeeze in” there was some room to the right of me and she asked if I would slide down. I wasn’t about to get squeezed off the row. We had a great spot right in the center that we got by arriving 90 minutes early so I told them they were welcome to find some space on the other side of us. She looked at me like I had 3 heads and said “but we’re all together”. So I commented that the best way to make sure they all sat together was to get to the show early like I did and again invited them to “squeeze in” on the other side of me. Well the people on the other side of me took my lead and moved closer to me, forcing the latecomers to move down to end of the row. I’m normally not a confrontational person but don’t come 5 minutes before the show and expect to push me out of the prime viewing spot I waited an hour and a half and had to do 20 rounds of “the Wave” for! Ok, sorry for the rant ,back to the happiness .Fantasmic was indeed fantastic. I just love the music to this show. Our seats were great we got a little misty but it was a warm evening so it was welcome. After the show was the cattle call we made our way through the crowd to Sunset Boulevard and then parked ourselves on a bench and had some lemonade while the rest of the stampede went by. When it seemed clear we headed for the exit and the bus stop. The line for the bus was long but they were bringing in extra buses so it wasn’t too long of a wait.In fact we got to the front of the line just as another bus pulled up so we got seats,yay! Corey was already in dreamland when we got in but he woke up long enough for Maura to tell him about buying the light up toy all by herself. We followed Corey to dreamland very soon after.It had been a very full and busy day.
Next Up: Back to AK to face THE YETI

tink179
05-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Great trip report! I really enjoy reading them! I'm glad you didn't let that rude lady mess up your great seats at Fantasmic! There's a difference between being nice and squeezing a few people in to trying to squeeze a herd of people in! I'm glad you held your ground!:thumbsup: It sounds like you had quite a productive day and I can't wait until your next report!:mickey:

January-2007
05-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for reporting.

DizNee143
05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
sounds like another great day! even with it being hot..you guys sure did manage to do alot!! and there always has to be someone whos umm pushy..lol..glad you stood up for yourself!..doubt she learned any lessons..but..whatcha gonna do?
i am really enjoying reading your reports!! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Another good day!!:mickey:

faline
05-16-2009, 05:20 PM
What a fun day! You certainly covered lots of ground!

mouseketeer mom
05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Yes! Good for you standing your ground with your seats. How frustrating with those rude people squeezing their way in....You did so much today! Maura is such a little trooper!

DizneyFreak2002
05-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

The only coffee on property I drink is from Kona Cafe...

yjgirl32
05-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Good report- thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: