PDA

View Full Version : Where to have a good glass of wine?

Hull-onian
05-14-2009, 04:31 PM
In our past few trips, we have not had good quality wine. I order a chardonnay or pinot grigio, and it's really not good. Do you have good luck with your choices of wine? Is it just me?:confused:

tadshome
05-14-2009, 05:41 PM
We had a lovely organic wine at the Garden Grill in Epcot :mickey:

Kairi_7378
05-14-2009, 05:43 PM
CA Grill, Narcoose's, Artist Point, Italian pavillion

Aggie97
05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
We've had good luck at Jiko, CA Grill and Narcoossee's. :mickey:

merlinmagic4
05-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I had a very nice South African wine at Boma but can't recall the name :blush:

jillluvsdisney
05-15-2009, 07:20 PM
California Grill and Artist's Point are know for having a very good wine selection.

andreallybadeggs
05-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Haven't done it myself but if they still have wine tasting in France would imagine the odds would be in your favor.

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Mizner's Lounge, balcony of Grand Floridian
. . . good atmosphere
. . . nice folks
. . . good wine
. . . live chamber music

SBETigg
05-16-2009, 10:34 AM
The wine tastings in WS are really fun. You might not be aware that you can usually go into signature dining places just to have a glass of wine at the bar. We've done this at California Grill and Narcoossee's. The bartenders are really nice. At California Grill, they'll make recommendations based on what you like and even let you taste them first. If they're busy, they may not let you up, but they usually do. You have to check in at the podium first. For a more casual glass, I like Mizner's at the Grand Floridian. They usually have a few decent selections.

At a lot of more casual restaurants, if you order by just asking for a pinot grigio or chardonnay, you'll get what they offer as their house wine, and that's not always the best. Your best bet ordering wine is always to study the by-the-glass offerings list and choose one by name. You can ask for recommendations, but you usually don't want the house wine. I know the house wine should be a good one, wouldn't you want the customers happy? But it's usually not a very good choice to my experience.

shellyc
05-16-2009, 04:11 PM
My favorite is
Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling at Artist Point.

Hull-onian
05-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow!!! Thanks for all the tips everyone!!! Next trip, I will choose a classier restaurant.:thumbsup:

BugeyedMuggy
05-17-2009, 09:54 AM
If you just want a glass of wine the bar in The Wave at the Contemporary has a great selection and the bartender was very happy to help make a dicision.:wine: