PDA

View Full Version : Which Pirate Cruise?

ljv1975
05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi! We are going to be at WDW for two weeks in September and are splitting the stay between Caribbean Beach and Beach Club. I thought my daughter who is turning 4 on the trip might like one of the pirate cruises. I'm trying to decide between the one at CBR or the one at the Yacht Club.

Does anyone have experience with either of these? I think they're pretty similar, but is one better than the other? Thanks!

Beast_fanatic
05-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I've heard good things about all the pirate adventures. I would probably choose the Beach Club one just because it would give you (the parents) the opportunity to head over to Epcot or Hollywood Studios for a little while on your own or to explore the Epcot resorts, whereas, there is not as much available at Caribbean Beach (unless you are staying there and then it might make sense to choose that one if you need to do some laundry or something).

buzznwoodysmom
05-15-2009, 12:48 PM
My boys are doing the one at CBR in a few weeks. We picked that one because that is where we are staying. I did have one concern with the cruise from BC. It states that the kids go into 2 of the countries in Epcot to find treasure. I don't know exactly where they go, but I don't want my young kids in any of the parks without me. I know they have the cruise "guides" with them, but I am still uneasy about the thought of them going into the countries without a parent with them. In November we are staying at the Poly and at BC and I've picked the pirate cruise at the GF for them to do on that trip, even though we will be staying at BC for the same reason mentioned above. I am sure they'll have fun either way.

KylesMom
05-15-2009, 01:27 PM
It states that the kids go into 2 of the countries in Epcot to find treasure.

Just as an FYI, Epcot World Showcase is closed to outside guests while the kids are looking for treasure clues. We let DS go on three different cruises from age 6 to 8, and while he'd never been out of our sight before like that (nor babysat by an "outsider"), we felt comfortable leaving him with the number of CM "crew members" there to watch over and protect him after we met them - they're there to have fun with the kids, but they won't put up with any shenanigans, either. Yeah, it was a bit nerve-wracking the first time, but he had a blast. It was easy to send him the second and third times.

The pirate cruise from the GF went to a few different resorts, including CR and FtW. The BC cruise went around Epcot WS on the waterway, and ended back at the BC to find the treasure. DS didn't participate in the CBR cruise, so I'm not certain where they'd go to find the elusive treasure.

Whichever cruise you choose, BC or CBR, your child is sure to have a blast. :mickey:

iheartdisney
05-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Does Intercot have info on the pirate cruises? I looked at info central and didn't see anything...but then, I'm getting old and didn't have my reading glasses so I may have missed it.

iheartdisney
05-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Scratch the above post! Found it! It's under "Children -Traveling with - Special Activities for Children" for anyone else who would like more info!