PDA

View Full Version : Unforunate ADR Experience

FLKatie912
05-14-2009, 01:34 PM
I called and made my ADR's months ago, for my trip, June 16-23. We added another person to our group, so I called to see if I could change my ADRs from 7 people to 8 people. I was able to change my Sci-Fi one, but Ohanas I couldn't. Not only that, but I found out that my Ohanas Reservation was made for Dinner not breakfast, so it's a good thing I called! The unfortunate part is every place for a character breakfast is booked for every day and every time of my trip. :( I'm severely disappointed, because I know the man who was originally helping me on the Dining Line asked me for dinner or breakfast. I know we discussed it. I have been calling back daily in hopes of a reservation cancellation, it is a very time-consuming process though, since I'll take any Character Breakfast on Any Day at Any Time.

I just wanted to share my unfortunate experience with people that would understand.

2lilboys
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
That is awful about your ADR's....I hope you are able to get something.

If you have no luck getting an ADR for 'Ohana before you leave for your trip, try again when you check into your hotel. I tried for weeks to get 'Ohana Character breakfast for my trip last week, but was told that they were booked solid. When I got to WL, I spoke to a very helpful Cast Member at the Concierge desk and she found 2 available times for us to choose from. She was able to book our ADR for 'Ohana Character breakfast for later in the week. We loved it! So keep trying and I hope you get lucky!! :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Thats a bummer, but dont let it bother you too much........and also do not let it spoil your fun!!:mickey:

kakn7294
05-14-2009, 04:55 PM
The same thing happened to me at 'Ohana. I booked a character breakfast and that was noted on the reservation system but they put us in for an 8:30p time slot. Not knowing, we showed up expecting breakfast! They were very apologetic and were able to accommodate us at breakfast. I hope you are able to find something as well. Good luck!

marlaine
05-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Last year, I meticulously made all of our ADRs except for one--dinner at Chef Mickeys (which we had never been to before). I didn't make reservations because we wanted to go there after spending the day at AK and I didn't know how long we would be there. What a mistake! Naturally, Chef Mickey's was completely booked. You always hear about kids having meltdowns at WDW, well this DM had a HUGE one! I literally cried going back to the Poly! When we got back to the room, I just couldn't stop crying. I wanted my DS to go there very badly.
The only reason I bring this up is that no matter what happens with your touring or dining, just keep in mind that it is a vacation! If something doesn't work out just perfectly, it's okay. There are so many alternatives that you shouldn't let just one thing make you sad. Hopefully, all of your reservations will work out and I wish you luck in getting your special place.
(By the way, when I make my ADRs for this Sept, Chef Mickey's is the first one I will make!):thumbsup:

midgetpepper
05-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh no! :( Good luck! I hope someone cancels and you're able to get something!

yjgirl32
05-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Just keep a positive attitude about getting a reservation and don't let it consume you or not allow you to have a good time. You'll still be in Disney. Keep trying and good luck.