PDA

View Full Version : Just Back from WDW...

Nini5055
05-14-2009, 09:43 AM
and I am bursting to tell everyone that I was given a two level room upgrade at the Grand Floridian!!!!:cloud9:

I reserved a Gardenview Room and was given a Tower Room #9214...it had a sitting area in the tower portion with a sofa, easy chair & ottoman, coffee table and armoire w/a 2nd t.v.

We could see Wishes from our room and balcony every night.

It was such a splendid trip and so many magical things happened:cloud9:...I can't wait to put together my trip report!!!! I have to do a report for my boss first and will post in trip reports as soon as possible!

Innerchld714
05-14-2009, 09:54 AM
That sounds like a dream come true! I'm so glad you had such a magical time at Disney. :tink: I wonder how often Disney gives upgrades? I would love to be on the recieving end of that some day!

deedeenmickey
05-14-2009, 10:17 AM
That is awesome!! I can't wait to hear the rest!

Jen C.
05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Congratulations! I , too, have experienced some fabulous upgrades. it sure makes for an even more magical trip! ;)

SBETigg
05-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Oh, that's wonderful! I was hoping for that kind of magic, but I got a very nice garden view room and no problem. But the extra magic always helps. I had a view upgrade on a previous trip, and it was pretty sweet. Congratulations!

yjgirl32
05-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Great News! Congrats. Can't wait to read the reports.

PixieMagic
05-14-2009, 01:16 PM
What an amazing surprise! Congrats!:thumbsup:

Nini5055
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks everyone!!! :thumbsup:

I will work on putting a trip report together tonight.

I absolutely love the Grand Floridian! :cloud9: Every single CM there was awesome and welcomed us to the "Grand Family" and when we were leaving, they said they would miss us! I know, I know...it is good marketing...but it was GRAND to be treated so nicely. :cloud9:

Well...I will save it for my trip report. Hopefully, I will get it posted tomorrow.:mickey:

Mousemates
05-14-2009, 03:32 PM
glad to hear about your good fortune...I hope it extended to the rest of your trip and will look forward to reading your tirp report.

BluewaterBrad
05-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Cant wait to read it!:mickey:

TammiMcMan
05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I reserved a Gardenview Room and was given a Tower Room #9214...it had a sitting area in the tower portion with a sofa, easy chair & ottoman, coffee table and armoire w/a 2nd t.v.

We could see Wishes from our room and balcony every night.Wow, that's Big Pine Key 2nd floor facing the pool. I'm really surprised you could see Wishes every night from that vantage point. Was it just the higher fireworks that would have cleared the other buildings?

The lodge tower rooms are great and have an excellent layout. The only drawback is that the ones that are located on the top floor don't have a balcony. Very nice upgrade.

Nini5055
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Tammi...I know what you mean. Our balcony cleared the top of the pool house building and we could see between the other buildings. I think it was just the right angle to see the higher of the fireworks (kind of between the buildings at an offset angle). However, we didn't see the castle, so I would assume that the lower fireworks were not viewed from our room. But that didn't matter to us when we opened our curtains and could see fireworks. :D

We did sit out at Gasperillas a couple of nights to watch the fireworks and we could see the castle from there.

SBETigg
05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
We did sit out at Gasperillas a couple of nights to watch the fireworks and we could see the castle from there.

Isn't it great there? I want to go back! Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll finally finish my trip report today and post it soon. Welcome to the Grand family. I guess we're related now. :)

Nicki'sMom
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM
SO AWESOME! Love to hear it!

Hull-onian
05-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Great report!! Thanks for sharing!!!

LudwigVonDrake
05-17-2009, 08:31 PM
:tink:

Never underestimate the power of Pixie Dust.