PDA

View Full Version : Closest, most awesome, off DW hotel?

vester
05-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok - so we are thinking because of the in-laws and the need for some elbow room!!! that we might stay off property.

We stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista last year and LOVED it. But its a bit far - 30-45 min door to entrace of park (MK).

So......opinions.....all are welcome. What are the best off proprety CLOSE sites, and give me driving times please to parks (Epcot, HS, MK, and AK)

Give me all your opinions!!!

Vester

Mousemates
05-13-2009, 03:40 PM
DW has stayed at the Gaylord Palms a couple of times on business and loved it.

vester
05-13-2009, 03:46 PM
How close is that driving to DW parks? Thanks!

wilcat
05-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Not exactly a hotel but you could try getting into the Vistana or Blue Heron resorts. They usually have good deals on the rooms not occupied and they are within 10 minutes of WDW. I have stayed at both and would recommend either. You can get two bedroom suites that will give you plenty of elbow room.
Also the Royal Plaza hotel in the DTD area is also a good choice and within walking distance to DTD and they supply bus transportation to and from the parks.

vester
05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Great! I'm DEFINITELY more of a fan of resorts than hotels frankly!!!

Vester

buzznwoodysmom
05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
We've stayed at the Vistana resort once and loved it. It was about a 5 -10 minute drive to the entrance gates of WDW.

Gaylord Palms is another wonderful resort. Only visited the one in Florida for the Ice! Exhibit around the holidays, but we've stayed at the Gaylord Texan near Dallas and it is an excellent resort. However, if your looking to save money, you'd be able to book rooms on Disney property for about the same cost, maybe cheaper.

When we stayed at the Vistana we had a 2 bedroom condo so that would provide enough room for you to all spread out, but at Gaylord the rooms are just that....rooms. You'd need to share a room or get two rooms. I am sure Gaylord Palms has suites, but then I think those would be fairly expensive.

merlinmagic4
05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
We own a week at Sheraton Vistana Resort (not Villages) on 535. It is right around the corner from Disney! It is minutes to the parks and we have never encountered heavy traffic getting to and from the parks. Most of the resort has been refurbished and is beautiful. There are 7 pools and a few restaurants if you want a day off from the parks. Let me know if you stay there and I'll give you more information on the different areas of the resort.

vester
05-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Ok I think you have all convinced me to maybe switch from Marriott Grande Vista to Sheraton Vistana!!!!!!! Thanks for your help everyone!

Pally
05-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Another vote for Vistana Villages. We stayed twice and we really liked it. Having the laundry right in your own space was great. Jacuzzi in mater bedroom was nice after a long day in the parks. Basically a left turn out of the property and then right turn to get to Disney :mickey: