PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July - I have no idea what we were thinking ;-)

StinksMom
05-13-2009, 12:56 PM
My family and I will be visiting DW from July 4th - July 6th. We will be in FL to visit family and only had a few days to spend in DW :(. We are trying to figure out what parks to go to on each day. We will have park hoppers so we can move around if needed. Any suggestions on which parks will be the least busy or easiest to get around on the 4th, 5th and 6th? We plan to avoid MK on July 4th - although I would love to see the fireworks!

SBETigg
05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
You could always end up on the Polynesian beach in time for fireworks. I'm sure it will be crowded, but amazing. I would skip MK on July 4. Epcot handles crowds well, so maybe Epcot on the 4th. Actually, I would just go where you want to go as long as you're early enough to get in. It's going to be packed everywhere, plus it falls on the actual weekend. So just enjoy and take it easy, use Fastpass.

gojoe
05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Epcot is the only other park with special fireworks for the 4th. We did MK on the 3rd last year. It was well worth the crowds. 360 of fireworks were incredible. We did Hollywood for the 4th but this year they're only having Fantasmic. If you can get in go for MK we loved it.

grumpypima
05-13-2009, 05:03 PM
If it were me, I would do the water parks.

MickeyMousse
05-13-2009, 07:31 PM
We were there over July 4th one trip and did Epcot early and stayed until mid afternoon. We went back to our resort and stayed at the pool until dinner. We were able to watch the Epcot fireworks from the boardwalk, which was nice.

Daddy Mouse
05-14-2009, 10:36 AM
We've been there on the 4th twice (DD Birthday) Told her when she was 4 that the fireworks were for her birthday:). We had a good touring plan for the parks, which kept wait times for rides reasonable. The MK was shoulder to shoulder with for people wanting to watch the fireworks. The best fireworks I've ever seen and happened all around us.

Don't be afraid of the MK during the day if you have a good touring plan.

bdm@pga
05-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I was there on July 4th last year, and they did a special presentation of fireworks in Hollywood studios (MGM then)...we were quick enough to see those fireworks, hop on a bus and get to the boat launch at the MK just in time to see their fireworks. Now we were outside the park, but we could not only see the fireworks above the train station, but also the ones that went off all around us over the lagoon. I love fireworks:D