PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to go home... Day 3

gauvin4
05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Cast
Rick-DH42 (Ever so patient with his Disney obsessed wife)
Marissa-DD17 (our soon to be High School Graduate)
Kyle-DS15 (Just turned 15 the week before)
Debbie-Me (Will find any excuse to plan a trip to Disney

Day 3

Again DD & I are up early. Today is a relax day for us. By 8:30 I gather up the laundry :laundry: and head for laundrymat. After starting a couple loads I join Marissa the poolside to spend some time sunbathing. It is already hot and I take a dip in the pool to cool off every now and again. The boys finally get up around 10:00 and join us at the pool. By 11:00 we have had enough, it is hot. So back to the room the shower. DD wants to go to Fort Wilderness to see the horses. So after hopping a bus and a boat we are at Wilderness Lodge. I talk them into checking out the resort. It is a beautiful resort and we enjoy just looking around for a bit.

We hop another boat to Fort Wilderness. Before we even dock, DS spots the volleyball net and says this is where he would like to stay next. It's all about sports for him. :soccer: :football: :baseball: We go to the stables :horse: and spend some time there and with the ponies in the pastures. Our family loves animals so we enjoy this very much. DS was standing next to the fence so I could take his picture with one of the ponies well that pony reached through the fence and was tryng to nibble on his shorts. It was so funny. :rotf: You should have seen his face. It was priceless.

We hop a few more busses back to POFQ to shower and get ready for our Boma ressie. Oh my, Boma is worth the trip. I LOVED the butternut squash soup. I also tried the African fruit fool which was very good. It's a fruit salad in a banana sauce (I think). We all enjoyed the meal. So being the animal lovers that we are, we head out to find the Giraffes which is DD favorite animal. We end up finding them at the Savanah outlook behind the swimming pool. There were 5 of them and they were right there for us to admire. We were in heaven. DD smile was so big her check must have hurt. She is determined to go to Africa now. We spent a good amount of time talking to Paola, a young lady from South Africa who is Working at Disney for a year. She was very informative about the giraffes as well as the vultures that we were also watching. She was such a pleasure to talk to. We thanked her for her time and asked if I could take a picture of her and the kids. I think she was a little surprised. We then headed for the gift shop. DD loves this store and made a few purchases before we headed back to POFQ.

DD is perfectly happy now she spent time with the giraffes. She says again she does not want to go home.

Tomorrow: Blizzard Beach

yjgirl32
05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
My Ds5 and I are HUGE animal lovers. That is my dream to stay at AKL. :cloud9: Ok back to reality. SOunds like a very nice relaxing day. Thanks for sharing.

SBETigg
05-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Who ever wants to go home? I sympathize. It all sounds wonderful so far. Love the pony nibbling. :) Thanks for reporting.

BluewaterBrad
05-13-2009, 04:47 PM
A nice relaxing day before Blizzard Beach............AWESOME!!:mickey:

princessgirls
05-13-2009, 09:09 PM
A lovely day!!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm glad your family had a great trip. I agree it was a very long winter here this year.
Congrats to your daughter on her upcoming graduation.

faline
05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Those relaxed days are sometimes the best of the trip! Sounds like you really focused the day on animals today!

Marilyn Michetti
05-21-2009, 01:04 AM
You know, if you ask the waiter at Boma's, they will bring you a card to fill out your e-mail address, and up to 10 recipe request's. The butternut squash soup is easy to make - just takes a little prep time. YUM!:secret:

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: