PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Adventure Day 2 of 7

Mr_Increddieble
05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Sunday (Mother's Day), May 10th
A perfectly blue sky this morning. Bkfst at Captain Cook's then off to AK. Plenty of folks, the lot was as full as we've ever seen. We did The Lion King show which we like especially on a hot day. Then got pics right outside with some characters as they were all there in their picture spots (Chip n Dale, Micinnie, Mickey, Goofy). Some shopping then the Safari ride after stopping at Tusker house to see the percussionists. Then Flights of Wonder (little bit of "we saved the eagles after got rid of DDT", but that's OK we are all about recycling etc. but that's definitely the theme) and lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. We sat way down by tthe lake) I had the Pork SW and baked beans which were good. DW had the Turkey SW which she said was dry. Then off to the Dinosaur ride (Young'un alert, this ride is much rougher and more traumatic than expected, be forewarned)and more picture spots. Then Kali River
and Mt. Everest for me (Some folks we met in the Lion King show gave me a fast pass for Everest). It's awesome how people go out of their way to help our DS, say Hi and take time to speak to him. He's not verbal but he appreciates it, I know.
Then back to the Poly for some time in the quiet pool. Monorail to the Contemporary then boat to Ft. Wilderness for dinner at Trail's End. Met some nice people and enjoyed the food. Better than I thought it would be. Au Gratin potatoes were good
as was the Fried Chicken, Ribs, and vegetables. Boat/Monorail back, shopping in the Poly then family time in the room looking at the days pictures. Kinda feels like these were warm-up days. Gettin' into the flow almost like we are waiting for those serendipitous things to happen. After this day we just let it flow. But looking back that's the sense I got. Later Y'all.

deedeenmickey
05-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Sounds like a good day. Glad ya'll are having fun.:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-13-2009, 08:03 AM
good report!

BluewaterBrad
05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Good day 2!!:mickey:

faline
05-14-2009, 12:27 PM
What a fun Animal Kingdom day! Good that you got in some pool time as well!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-20-2009, 05:10 PM
:)Sounds like a good day

princessgirls
05-21-2009, 03:50 PM
A wonderful day! Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: